Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: which anxiety?!  (Read 139 times)

Offline will402

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
which anxiety?!
« on: February 08, 2014, 12:51:54 PM »
Hello, I will be brief and I hope for some help from you all.

I have suffered from anxiety on and off for years. I do not know however what kind of anxiety. This is perhaps something that worries me.

I am anxious most of the day and my worries are centred around my anxiety. I search for ways to ease the pain or techniques to help.

Although from what I read GAD seems to suggests worrying about alot of things.

I dont worry about being late, money or anything really. I just worry about getting better, alot. Also my anxiety always comes up in times of stress.

And ideas to help me guys?

Will
Bookmark and Share

Offline tamsankaur

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: which anxiety?!
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2014, 01:49:24 PM »
That seem like just anxiety to me. Those are some of the same things I worry about and my psychologist says that I just have plain anxiety with a little bit of Pure-O OCD. I have these obsessive thoughts that are really hard to get out of my head and they can cause me anxiety, but for the most part that's it. It's normal for your anxiety to flare up during stressful times. That is pretty much the same for me and most people. A little bit of stress when you have anxiety can feel a lot more overwhelming because your nerves are so sensitized at this point. You may not even realize you're stressed, but you will just feel anxious and that's pretty much what anxiety does. What I find helps is to not focus so much on your worries and anxiety. The more you try to get rid of this feeling you have the more you have it. The less I try the better I get. I just let loose and go with the flow of things. If I am going to get anxious, then I am going to get anxious. I don't sit around worrying that it's going to happen like I use to and that helps. My thing now is, why would I ruin a perfect moment because of what may or may not happen later? With that attitude I don't get anxious. However, it is really hard to maintain that and whenever I falter just a little I tend to push myself back in anxiety.
Bookmark and Share

Online MobileChucko

• Try? Try not! There is no try...
  • Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 21
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2014, 01:54:54 PM »
Hi Will, and welcome to Anxiety Zone!...

A good place to always begin, is to see your regular physician.  Discuss your symptoms with your doctor, and rule-out any underlying physical conditions that might be causing your anxiety.  These can include thyroid or heart conditions, to name a few.

If physical conditions are ruled-out, your physician can treat you for anxiety/panic attacks/depression.  I choose to have a psychiatrist to take care of my mental health issues.  Mine has provided me with a diagnosis, has me on an anti-depressant, and has a detailed treatment plan, structured just for me.

Often times it is not apparent as to what the cause is for one's anxiety, and one merely finds themselves in a cycle of anxiety feeding anxiety.  There are solid treatments that can help those with anxiety/panic attacks/depression.

Treatments that are known to work include the anti-depressants, such as Celexa, Paxil, Remeron, and Viibryd (to name a few), therapies, such as cognitive behavioral therapy, exercise, and omega 3/fish-oil.  There are also many other activities that one can do, to support the healing of the mind.  These include keeping oneself hydrated, drinking plenty of water, a healthy diet rich in whole grains, fruits and vegetables, meditation, and mindfulness.

The very best to you, Will!...  Chuck
Bookmark and Share

Offline will402

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2014, 12:30:56 PM »
Thanks guys, sounds about right, its quite a relief to hear also. Its a shame that there isn't anything really describing just anxiety. (I say just as if its easy we all know it isnt) I just moved to France so this is obviously a big step for me, I guess thats why I am horribly anxious. Hope to get a better hold on it soon, or like you said just accept it  :spineyes:
Bookmark and Share

Tags: