Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Any Ladies out there every had this? Spotting inbetween cycles????  (Read 315 times)

Offline the worrier

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
Hello, Well first off it has been a little while since I have been on here. I have been doing pretty good for the most part, but yesterday started having some woman issues and well the anxiety and worry has creeped its ugly head again....Sorry if this is a little long just want to let you know what has been going on.  Well first off was supposed to start my cycle Jan 5th no cycle which didn't bother me to much as I have been late before also took 2 preg test one on the 15th of Jan and one on the 19th just to make sure both were neg...Which my husband and I are pretty careful... Well Jan 19th started spotting so I thought here it comes.... Well spotted for a few days then nothing so started to worry just a bit, then on Jan 26th it finally started lasted my normal 5 days but this cycle was milder then my others didn't flow as heavy the first few days like I normally do didn't cramp as much felt like I cramped more the few weeks before I started, but anyway just let it go and figured my cycle was just off this month.... Well then Thursday Feb 6th while at work went to the restroom and when I wiped I had blood very light but there kind of brownish,So got that awful knot in my stomach thinking I am not supposed to start til the 23rd I had been having some lower pelvic pain and lower back pain but thought also I am close to ovulation so thought maybe that was why I was having the lower pelvic and back pain. Then Thursday night started having some right side ovary pain (I am prone to getting cyst) so thought maybe I might have a cyst... Well I am still spotting very lightly off and on  sometimes when I wipe there is nothing... so Friday while at work kind had off and on right side ovary pain and lower back pain mainly on my right lower back. So called the Dr and let her know what was going on and she wanted me to come in for an ultrasound but couldn't get there at the time they had open didn't have a car at the time...UGHHHH.. :angry:    So needless to say I have been in worried mode since Friday and now I just feel like my weekend is ruined  because I am in worried mode. I have an appt on Monday at 2. I just keep worrying that it is something really bad since I have never really spotted in between cycles before and its more of a brownish color when I wipe like when your first starting your cycle or like toward the end of it.... Had my yearly check up in Oct 2013 everything came back good and normal... Then went and had an ultrasound in Dec 2013 because I was having some ovary pain again which she found nothing.   I have been having a lot of clear mucus stuff lately after my cycles are done.  she said it could be my hormones I am 42yrs old and started my cycle when I was 9 so thinking could this be early menopause????? Also forgot to mention I have fibroids....which in my last sono in Dec she said the were actually smaller but I still had them....  If anyone has ever gone through something like this or can just help me calm down a bit I would love to hear from you.... Again thank you all for readying my post sorry so long....

Blessing :sprachlos020:
The Worrier
Bookmark and Share

Offline christina10778

• A.K.A. "Noble Queen"
  • Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
  • "If God is for us, who can be against us?"
    • Poke This Member
Re: Any Ladies out there every had this? Spotting inbetween cycles????
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2014, 11:30:32 AM »
Yes, it could possibly be a pre-menopausal thing.
Some women actually go through pre-menopause for many years before going through the actual thing....my mom did.
And it could actually be stress and anxiety, as well.

I'm 35, my tubes are cut and clamped, and that has happened to me a few times over the last couple of years.
Usually when I'm going through high stress situations.
I've even had where I have had my cycle be all over the place and last 10-12 days!
And for forever I've been used to it being very much on time, regular, and lasting about 3-4 days only.
Stress and anxiety can do many things.
Bookmark and Share
My Health Anxiety Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8-5ZQ6ZyRtI4ccjpE_4QwQ/videos

My Blog: http://thoughtsineuphoria.wordpress.com/

1 Peter 5:7 - "casting all of your anxieties on Him, because He cares for you."

Offline famv5

• Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2014, 11:45:09 AM »
I agree....it could be pre-menopausal (perimenopause) or just hormonal.  A few years ago I had continuous light bleeding for one whole month.  Freaked me out.  I went in for a pelvic u/s and it turns out that everything was fine.  I, too, have fibroids but they are not a concern.

Try not to worry yourself.  I really think that for a lot of women many changes start to happen in the 40's.  I'm 45 and I know that I've been having some weird pains.  My periods have always been to the day every month and for the past three months, they've been coming five days early, three days early.  A few months ago I had a constant pain in my lower abdomen which I had completely convinced myself that it was either an ovarian cyst or cancer.  I had an u/s done and the ovary is completely normal.  So, again, it's those odd aches and pains and things that we don't expect or have never felt before that make us worry.

Enjoy your weekend.  You have an appt set for Monday so focus on today and relax.  I'm sure that it will turn out to be nothing and just the start of many fun changes to come. (haha)
Bookmark and Share
"Our anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today of its strengths" - Charles H. Spurgeon

Offline Lara71

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2014, 11:46:11 AM »
I'm 42. I'm definitely in early peri. My periods still come normally but instead of bleeding normally they gush for like two days then stop. Also Ovulation which never bothered me ever before has almost become worse than my period. My anxiety level skyrockets and I get cramps. Ovulation can cause light bleeding.

Next doctor's visit mention the issue but most likely it's just a sign of aging.
Bookmark and Share

Offline the worrier

• Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2014, 01:00:57 PM »
I am freaking out a little more just went to the restroom,and when I wiped more blood little redder this time and there was a little red mucous stuff that I normally get when I start cycle...needless to say my stomach is in a knot...why can't I just relax...Thank you all for your reponses...hopefully it will sink in that all is okay and I will just need to
wait to see Dr on Monday....i always say the weekends go buy to fast but now I feel like its not fast enough...lol crazy I know... ;*)
Bookmark and Share

Offline famv5

• Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2014, 01:35:45 PM »
I really think you're fine.  I know it's hard to not worry, believe me.   Just know that all of those things you are describing sound like age related.  :)
Bookmark and Share
"Our anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today of its strengths" - Charles H. Spurgeon

Offline msgb98

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2014, 02:11:18 PM »
I agree with the other responders that it is more than likely perimenopause.
I am in that stage as well and things are normal to be not normal.
Bookmark and Share

Offline the worrier

• Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2014, 05:26:09 PM »
One more question should I be worried if I do start my cycle that means it would be 2 weeks early. Just still freaking out a bit. Thank you all for the responses...sorry I keep dwelling on it...

Blessings
the worrier
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 16
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2014, 06:07:08 PM »
I'm post menopausal (55) and my very first time with a weird period was when I was 45.  I had a period last 9 days, the first 5 were normal, then the last 4 were very light, on the 9'th evening my period got heavy again, like a NEW period was starting!  That lasted a normal cycle of 4 days.   (in 2012 I had a FORTY day period!   dark brown spotting) - I never went to a doctor either time because both times I had just gone a few months earlier for my regular exam.
Bookmark and Share

Offline xxAmyxx

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2014, 06:09:07 PM »
Sounds like it's hormonal b/c your period was so out of whack. I would request an endometrial biopsy just to rule out anything serious. This can be done quickly during your OB appt. I know this b/c I am going thru the same thing! I'm 36. Just had my endo biopsy last month, before that PAP, U/S and MRI. I have a cyst, hydrosalpinx and adenomysois - OH MY! My OB's answer is the birth control pill. Best of luck, let us know how it goes.
Bookmark and Share

Offline the worrier

• Poke This Member
UPDATE!!!!!! Any Ladies out there every had this? Spotting inbetween cycles????
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2014, 07:16:41 PM »
Hello there I just wanted to give you all an update on my Dr appt I had yesterday... Well I have a 6cm cyst on my right ovary which is freaking me out... I have had cyst before but the biggest I had was a 5cm and it resolved on its own... So I am hoping this one will do the same I just keep thinking what if it ruptures that is what my fear is right now.... she also found a small polyp on my uterus she said that is what it causing my spotting. She said it is really small but that when I see her in a month if it is not gone she will have to do a D&C to remove it needless to say I have been in anxiety mode and worry mode since after my appt.... I hadn't really been having an ovary pain since last Thursday but its like now I know its there I feel it more... Could be all in my head.... Anyway just wanted to give everyone an update and to say thank you all for listening and for all your encouraging words..... I will keep you all posted.... Now I wish my cycle was here maybe that would help to get rid of all this crap I have but I am not supposed to start my cycle til the 23rd  so now I am just in the waiting game... Thank you again

Blessings
The Worrier B-;
Bookmark and Share

Offline the worrier

• Poke This Member
UPDATE.. Any Ladies out there every had this? Spotting inbetween cycles????
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2014, 08:07:58 PM »
Forgot to right update in the subject...
Bookmark and Share

Tags: