Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: I think I have interstitial cystitis. ..I cant live with it  (Read 215 times)

Offline gillt3

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I think I have interstitial cystitis. ..I cant live with it
« on: February 08, 2014, 01:29:37 AM »
I had a urine sample nd vaginal sample which came out both negative. ..now I think I have interstitial cystitis which is like having a lifelong uti.... im flipping out I dont want to live like that, who will marry me...I will get discomfort every time I have sex...im givibg up on life nd I broke up with my boyfriend because I know no one will b able to deal with me nd my case....im so depressed. .. im going for an ultrasound to rule out anything else, but I think im going to just going to nvr get married nd adopt children. ..
Bookmark and Share

Offline Gomubukai

• Rec's: 8
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: I think I have interstitial cystitis. ..I cant live with it
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2014, 01:49:59 AM »
Have any ACTUAL doctors told you this. Or is this your own opinion with the advice of dr google?

What have your doctors said?
Bookmark and Share

Offline fbdc8891

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2014, 02:42:09 AM »
I've been through the same exact thing as you about a year and a half ago. First things first, you need to RELAX. Of course, way easier than it actually is, but I went through 6-8 months thinking I had interstitial cystitis. It turns out I had pelvic floor dysfunction, which basically is a tightening of your pelvic floor muscles that mimics the symptoms of a UTI. There have been plenty of occasions where I was absolutely positive I had a UTI (even after the diagnosis of PFD) and was sure that I had IC when in fact I just needed to retrain my pelvic floor mucles. At times when I'm stressed I tend to revert back to the tightening of my pelvic floor, but I promise you even if you happen to have IC, relaxing your pelvic floor muslces will help a ton!! I went through so much stress that I wish I didn't because it ended up being a muscular thing. At the end of the day, through all my anxiety, I've learned many times it's mind over body. I wish I had someone to say these things when I was in the exact same position as you so I'm sure you'll have a similar outcome as I've had! Don't automatically think IC, trust me!
Bookmark and Share

Offline 2jrts

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2014, 06:17:06 AM »
I too thought I had IC several years ago. It turns out I had bladder irritation due to a drop in estrogen. When I asked my PC physician about IC, he said you absolutely know when you have it, it's much worse than a UTI.
Bookmark and Share

Offline 2jrts

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2014, 06:22:27 AM »
I also wanted to add that even if you do have IC, there are treatments for it. I have a friend with IC - she's had it since college. She did get married and have kids. She's in her 50s now, treatments are getting better and better - do not worry!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lara71

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2014, 12:00:04 PM »
My friend has IC and lupus. When she was first diagnosed with it almost 20 years ago, there was almost no medication for it.

Now there are lots of medications that helped control it. BTW, she is married with two children.

That being said IC is serious and it's way worse than vaginal irritation but you should definitely check with your doctor about finding out why sex hurts. It could be a lot of minor things.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: