Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: People can be so.....I need to vent!!!!  (Read 150 times)

Offline christina10778

• A.K.A. "Noble Queen"
  • Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
  • "If God is for us, who can be against us?"
    • Poke This Member
People can be so.....I need to vent!!!!
« on: February 07, 2014, 08:07:02 PM »
So frustrated right now…..
Why do people have to be so “ugly”?
My 8 year old daughter has had a fever since yesterday.
It’s been bouncing between 100F-102F and I’ve been giving her Motrin.
Well, this afternoon I checked her temperature again and it was 104.2F!!!
She has no other symptoms…..by the way.

Well, I got worried…of course…and I had no Tylenol so I could do the alternating thing to keep it down and no money to get some.
(Having major money issues at the moment and no one seems to want to call me back for any interviews….ugh)
Anyways, so, I was thinking of taking her to the ER so that I could get some prescription Tylenol and Motrin and have Medicaid pay for it.
My wonderful mother started getting an attitude with me and being all, “Why are you going to go to the ER, now!!!!???” And she started acting the way she does when I say that I’m going to the ER…as if I am stupid and irritating...and like I am an idiot for even thinking of going.

It upset me so bad! I expect it when it comes to me….but, it’s my daughter, not me! And she has a 104.2F fever with a history of seizures!

Sorry….just venting…..
Bookmark and Share
My Health Anxiety Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8-5ZQ6ZyRtI4ccjpE_4QwQ/videos

My Blog: http://thoughtsineuphoria.wordpress.com/

1 Peter 5:7 - "casting all of your anxieties on Him, because He cares for you."

Offline sally1959

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: People can be so.....I need to vent!!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2014, 08:24:40 PM »
That's moms for you...

Yeah just know you're not wrong for sticking to your guns. You know yourself and your child better than anyone else, so.

I think being anxious makes us overly sensitive to the things others say. It's good to remember that you can filter the things going into your head, in the same way you filter the things going out. So when people who don't understand you are annoying you, just tune them out.

I learned to do this with one of my aunts who sounds kind of like your mom. I love her dearly but sometimes when she's being so UGH I just like, tune her out. And focus on my own thoughts. Most of the time people won't notice you're not listening.

Also this could horrible advice. I'm not very good at giving advice... but it works for me! lol
Bookmark and Share

Offline christina10778

• A.K.A. "Noble Queen"
  • Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
  • "If God is for us, who can be against us?"
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2014, 08:43:20 PM »
It's not bad advice, lol.
I didn't say anything to my mother...I just sat there quietly and let her say all that she wanted to say.
And I do that as often as I can...but sometimes it just builds up and I feel like I can't hold anything in anymore.
I'm always expected to and I do most of the time....but that's why I have this horrible anxiety to begin with.
It's just annoying sometimes....
Bookmark and Share
My Health Anxiety Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8-5ZQ6ZyRtI4ccjpE_4QwQ/videos

My Blog: http://thoughtsineuphoria.wordpress.com/

1 Peter 5:7 - "casting all of your anxieties on Him, because He cares for you."

Offline Kissa

• Rec's: 1
  • I don't remember what calm and relaxed is...
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2014, 07:52:49 PM »
So I am wondering if you ended up taking your baby to the er? I know you said she had no other symptoms, but that doesn't necessarily matter! You do whats best for you and your daughter and let your mom go in one ear and out the other. (I know that is REALLY hard to do, I had to cut my mom out of my life until I was ready to deal with her again. I haven't talked to her in over a year)

Best of Luck.
Bookmark and Share
Just because I understand an acknowledge what I am worrying about is silly, doesn't mean I'm able to stop worrying about it.
~One Breath at a Time~

Tags: