Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: stroke/tumor/heart worries Help!  (Read 80 times)

Offline deeferlynn

• Rec's: 2
  • Que sera, sera
    • Poke This Member
stroke/tumor/heart worries Help!
« on: February 07, 2014, 07:33:08 PM »
So, I thought that by withdrawing from school would help not only my general anxieties, but also my HA considering I wouldn't have to worry about being in contact with flus or worrying about passing out half way through class etc. Well, the GA is extremely low, but my HA is at its highest levels as of late. I've tried doing things to take my mind off worrying about having a heart attack or stroke or that I have a tumor by cleaning. And it works... until I'm done and there's nothing left to clean. Earlier today I read about a 26 yr old hockey player who had a stroke due to a hole in his heart. Because my dad had the same stroke with a hole in his heart, and my sister has heart problems I'm worried about myself even though I've had the heart monitor on before. I'm not sure if it's because I'm by myself right now that I'm thinking like this or the fact that I'm over-exhausted because I can't sleep, I can't think clearly right now and it's skewing any rational thinking. I apologize if this is really confusing, but I really need some help to think rationally.
Bookmark and Share
"Just a heads up: 90% of the things you worry about will never happen. 90% of the things that happen will never occurred to you."

Offline penzachka

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: stroke/tumor/heart worries Help!
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2014, 09:00:45 PM »
You have had a heart monitor on before--and I assume it was all clear. A congenital issue with your heart would have been picked up. This is a fear you have dealt with before--so you should label it as your 'pet' health anxiety issue and accept  it for what it is--an anxiety. I think most of us HA folks tend to pick up other people's illness in our mind--you are not alone.

I personally find that not having enough  stimulation sends my HA into overdrive--so it is possible not being in school gives your mind too much free space. Find an intellectual (or physical) activity that can move into that space. I know it is easier said than done, but do try to find distractions that are engaging to your mind.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: