Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Just when I thought I was out, they pulled me back in  (Read 211 times)

Offline Cheezy

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Just when I thought I was out, they pulled me back in
« on: February 07, 2014, 07:03:36 PM »
Hello everyone,
So last year in June, upto July I had myriad symptoms,ranging from twitching muscles, headaches, body pain, dizziness, extreme fatigue, weakness. The good news is that except the occasional twitch, that's all gone now, and I have since resumed life as usual. I literally had cycles where I worried about MS, then ALS, and every other serious disease I could somewhat attribute my symptoms to. I had 3 ER visits and multiple consultations and tests, all normal, except a very low vitamin D, which I have since gotten to the normal level through injections, sun exposure and oral vitamin D supplements. They never really figured out what was wrong, and I was diagnosed with anxiety. I resolved to stay away from Google for health purposes and WebMD, and it did me a huge favor. So what I'm trying to say is, even though the symptoms were very real for me, and the fear was there, there was nothing to worry about. For part 2 of the story, please read on. A few days back, I started experiencing a constriction in my throat, so I immediately saw my doctor about it. She said my lymph is swollen, no big deal, so might have a mild infection, and prescribed Allegra. Now, I have been taking it for 5 days, it's not gone down in size, in fact it has gotten slightly bigger. I'm going to see her again this morning, but I slowly find myself slipping back into the panic. The panic is worse because it's not accompanied by a cold or anything. Also I have massive hair fall, but my thyroid test from July was normal (when I started having it). Has anybody had experience with this kind of thing before?
Bookmark and Share

Offline MilSpouse

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Just when I thought I was out, they pulled me back in
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2014, 09:47:23 PM »
Are you certain your throat constriction is coming from your lymph node? That was one of my worst anxiety symptoms (along with chest pain) - it literally felt like I was being smothered from the inside. So I'm just wondering if maybe your throat issues started with the swelling, but have since become an anxiety problem? See if relaxing yourself any. I would take a hot bath or shower, put a heating pad on the back of my neck, make some hot tea and choose a distracting book or movie and it usually helped.
Bookmark and Share

Offline skim50

• The BooBoo Guru
  • Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2014, 09:56:33 PM »
the lump in your throat symptom is indicative of anxiety..  I have had it myself.. Did your doctor run any proper tests? When mine are swollen when I am sick it can take 2 weeks for them to go back to normal..
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cheezy

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2014, 06:39:39 AM »
Hey guys, thanks for replying! My doctor said that my nodes are definitely swollen. Isles given me 5 pills of Allegra, and I am trying to complete the course before I jump to any conclusions, after which I will go see her of they're still swollen.. I think I'll try relaxing a little as both of you suggested, probably with a nice cup of tea..
Bookmark and Share

Tags: