Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: How are YOUR panic attacks/Anxiety  (Read 257 times)

Offline memphisGuy

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
How are YOUR panic attacks/Anxiety
« on: February 07, 2014, 05:58:45 PM »
Man, at this point I just want to make sure I'M NOT the only one struggling with myself.

No matter what the situation is, I am ALWAYS weary/thinking of my heart and going into sudden cardiac arrest. My heart pounds out of my chest at times and flutters or goes into this rapid state for no apparent treason which drains me. With that, I have also become very aware of my breathing and have become afraid to sleep. My nodes in my neck have been swollen for a couple of years and I'm always feeling on them which worries me. Thinking that I'm always going to die at any moment. Just general unnerving thoughts. I even panic when I'm feeling good. When something good happens I immediate go into thinking that this is it....when is the bad coming. I'm a heavy breather also (though im not extremely overweight, I'm 5'10 217 lbs).

Everything in my head is cancer this, pending doom that and I can't seem to break this habit of thiniking. For every good thought I can come up with 5 bad scenarios or find something on myself that has been there to make me realize that I need to worry. Most of this comes unprovoked also.

I''m a wreck most of the time and at the age of 25, with a girlfriend and I job I enjoy, this simply should not be the case.

How do you guys deal with it? Is this normal for anxiety/hypochondriac thinking?

Bookmark and Share

Offline christina10778

• A.K.A. "Noble Queen"
  • Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
  • "If God is for us, who can be against us?"
    • Poke This Member
Re: How are YOUR panic attacks/Anxiety
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2014, 08:35:05 PM »
You are not alone....all of that is very normal for Healthy Anxiety sufferer's.
Believe me, I know....I have dealt with severe Health Anxiety for years now.
It can be very frightening.
And the horrible thoughts are the worst.
Any little physical sensation leads to instant death in your mind.
The thoughts seem to consume your entire existence.
Well, that's how it is with me....
I am always fighting some kind of battle in my mind when it comes to my thoughts.
And there's nowhere to run when your trying to hide from yourself....
It's ridiculous and annoying...but, you are definitely not alone.

Bookmark and Share
My Health Anxiety Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8-5ZQ6ZyRtI4ccjpE_4QwQ/videos

1 Peter 5:7 - "casting all of your anxieties on Him, because He cares for you."

Offline soaringfalcon

• Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2014, 09:49:10 PM »
Definitely not alone.  It's the exact same for me. 

It's a constant struggle and battle.
Bookmark and Share

Offline JTD88

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2014, 10:17:08 PM »
My main concern ANY TIME I have a Panic/Anxiety Attack is that "OMG I AM GOING TO FAINT!!! WHAT WILL I DO!?!?!" I am in my mid 20's and have never fainted in my life (knock on wood, lol). My attacks are always physical sensations that lead to them. I have started doing Yoga and Working out a lot more, isn't helping, yet, but I am keeping my chin up and will get beyond this point of pure fear and worry day in and day out.
Bookmark and Share

Offline christina10778

• A.K.A. "Noble Queen"
  • Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
  • "If God is for us, who can be against us?"
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2014, 10:46:35 PM »
JTD88...I'm the same.
As a matter of fact, right now I am actually feeling like and thinking that I'm about to faint really bad.....and I'm trying to stay calm.
I am actually feeling a few things at the moment....random numbness in face, left arm, and right foot, body trembling, dry mouth, I can't breathe, headache, pain in back of my head on the left side, tension and pain in the left side of my jaw and neck, dizziness/"off-balance" feeling, nausea, pain in my lower abdomen, pain in my upper right shoulder blade, sore throat, and the non-stop horrifying thoughts.
I hate it....so very much.
I feel like just getting into a ball and crying sometimes.
It's just so scary  :(
Bookmark and Share
My Health Anxiety Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8-5ZQ6ZyRtI4ccjpE_4QwQ/videos

1 Peter 5:7 - "casting all of your anxieties on Him, because He cares for you."

Offline Xosammy

• Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2014, 10:50:51 PM »
Like everyone else said. You are not alone at all. I am a heart worrier at 23 so I fear what you do. It's an awful way to live but I feel like my mind is stronger than me at times
Bookmark and Share

Offline memphisGuy

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2014, 10:58:56 PM »
It's kind of amazing just how our minds work huh? I could literally be in the middle of enjoying myself and think of a symptom and almost immediately start getting that adrenaline rush/heart pounding. Sometimes I KNOW its all in my head and other times it becomes very hard to differentiate between real symptoms and plain ol' anxiety. The fact that my heart does this weird pounding thing now is what sinks my morale. I mean, 25 is kind of young (I think ) for heart disease but it's always the "What IF" or "Maybe" aspect that can keep me second guessing myself. Always.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Xosammy

• Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2014, 11:04:47 PM »
I've been to the er more times then I can count. The last time I went which was about two weeks ago Bc I was on lunch at work and my heart started to go in this fast rythm & a sensation over my body I freaked and went to the nearest hospital. The dr of course brushed it off as anxiety and sat down and talked to me and said at my age and no family history it is very very rare to have a heart attack. But I'm not worried about a heart attack but more of cardiac arrest :(.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lunatone

• Rec's: 19
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2014, 12:56:54 AM »
Ive never liked dealing with things in ways that are normal, or sane. They don't seem to work. So I've found some... ways of handling it that have been very successful. Specifically, I terrify myself on purpose all the time. Over and over again, about everything from the absolutely mundane to the unimaginably vast existential terror. I do it so much that I come to be used to the feeling of being scared.

I realized, a while ago, that sincce my anxiety started i'd avoided all things that would upset or frighten me. This was a mistake. I couldnt just keep hiding myself, hoping it all wouldnt bother me. Its funny, how clear a problem becomes once you realize stuff like that, when moments before it didnt even cross your mind.
Bookmark and Share

Offline JTD88

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2014, 01:41:30 PM »
THIS video helped me out a lot. It's 20 minutes long, but really makes you realize that there is more to life than being worried and scared all the time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-iNOFD27G4
Bookmark and Share

Tags: