Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: New to the site :) GAD  (Read 89 times)

Offline ked608

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
New to the site :) GAD
« on: February 07, 2014, 12:21:58 PM »
Hi! Figured I'd introduce myself. My name is Katie. I'm 23 years old and have only been suffering from severe anxiety for about 7 months.  4 years ago I contracted Lyme disease (I was blood tested by my pediatrician at the time with the standard ELISA testing). I grew up in the woods in Pennsylvania, so it was not a shock. I was even fortunate enough to have the huge, almost perfect bulls eye rash. Unfortunately, since I hate going to the doctors, I delayed treatment. I now suffer from many other problems stemming from my Lyme disease, one of which I believe is my insane onset of hypochondria anxiety. I had my first panic attack 6 months ago and have never been so scared in my life! Now, every ache and pain is either cancer, a heart attack, or brain aneurysm. I've tried klonopin and CBT, but nothing has seemed to help my anxiety! Hoping blogging will help some! I stumbled upon this site on google and am excited to have a new outlet for my HA!
Bookmark and Share

Online Cuchculan

• Rec's: 169
    • Poke This Member
Re: New to the site :) GAD
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2014, 04:37:14 PM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue