Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: I'm not sure if this is the right forum, looking for advice!  (Read 138 times)

Offline Mermaid8

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I'm not sure if this is the right forum, looking for advice!
« on: February 07, 2014, 01:40:19 AM »
Hi guys , so I'll explain my problems. About 8 months ago I got an infection in one of my upper wisdom teeth, got antibiotics then went to get them out. I got them out awake because I'm afraid of being put under, I'm also a nervous about the shots, but the dentist was really gentle and I didn't even feel em..so I thought I was in the clear..
Lots of tugging and weird pressures but I did it! I got up to go pay and was standing at the desk when I started seeing black..I walked away and found a random chair and sat, then a nurse helped me to this bed and she put a oxygen mask on me and gave me apple juice, it was all a blur.

I think this incident messed me up pretty bad, as I've been dizzy since October, my doctor thinks its my anxiety, sometimes it feels like something else though. (I've recently had the same black-outtyness from a blood-test last month, I had to lay there for 45 minutes and still struggled to a cab.) I was put on Lexapro but it gave me brain-zaps and panic attacks and I stopped taking is right away, I'm pretty sure I had serotonin syndrome, my pupils were blown out. So I think i'd rather a anti-anxiety pill rather than anti-depressant.

Anyways! my bottom ones are coming in and hurting, I'm so nervous, as my anxiety has clearly gotten worse since then. Have any of you taken anything like Valium? What dosage do you think is best? I'm 5'3-5'4 and 105 pounds. Will that help me not faint and freak out? I just want it to be a calm, sleepy blur..without being put out. :goofy:
Bookmark and Share

Offline clippergoodwill

• Rec's: 12
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
Re: I'm not sure if this is the right forum, looking for advice!
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2014, 02:21:16 AM »
Do you have anxiety when it comes to needles? Reason i ask, is i have similar effects when i have blood drawn for testing. Im a strange patient... Drawing my blood can cause me to shake, almost pass out, or cause my bp to drop fast. But if they put an iv in me and draw it that way, im perfectly fine.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Mermaid8

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: I'm not sure if this is the right forum, looking for advice!
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2014, 02:30:13 AM »
Do you have anxiety when it comes to needles? Reason i ask, is i have similar effects when i have blood drawn for testing. Im a strange patient... Drawing my blood can cause me to shake, almost pass out, or cause my bp to drop fast. But if they put an iv in me and draw it that way, im perfectly fine.

I don't really get a lot of needles so! But, I always get nervous with dental shots, my heart races but I do fine really once its over. But with the blood test its been years since I've gotten one, and I tried really hard to not think about it, and I looked away so I know its not a blood response, but nerves I guess? It was also a fasting blood test. It was as though I couldn't control it..started sweating like crazy and shaking, odd hearing and the dizziness was intense, I couldn't even sit up. I for sure have a needle phobia a bit, but i've become such a wuss as of late, its terrible. I think it stems back from this fear of passing out though!
Bookmark and Share