Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Question for all of you  (Read 194 times)

Offline ridgerunner

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
Question for all of you
« on: February 06, 2014, 10:27:50 PM »
If you read my post prior to this one you know I suffer with harm o from time to time.   Although I've had ocd for 25 years each episode always feels just different enough to get me extremely depressed and scared.   My question for you is ocd capable of making you think you want to harm even though you don't have a violent bone in your body. My ocd has a bad habit of tricking me into making me think or I should probably say makes me scared I want to harm the love of my life. My precious son. It has been several yrs since I've done this and I literally feel scared disgusted sad anxious and emotionally numb. It's like I've forgotten how to handle ocds lies.   I must say it has a way each time to feel real. It's crazy.  None of you know me personally but if you did you would know how repulsive these thoughts ideas about my son are to me.  I guess I'm looking for a little reassurance.  I know it's bad but I actually just would like others ideas and experiences.   I love my son more than anything and I hate these thoughts.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Anxiousmind77

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Question for all of you
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2014, 10:54:59 PM »
Hi ridgerunner, I'm so sorry that you are having a hard time. I could go on for hours about this subject. But I'll try to make it short. I completely understand what you mean when you say your OCD has a way of making you feel that this time you should really be worried! This time it's real... We'll it's not. It will never be. Easier said than believed,I know. The fact that these thoughts make you feed bad means that you DONT want them. But the more you push them away and the more you panic the more your brain is like hey this is important we need to worry and think think think think about this. It makes you sad and depressed for a reason, remember that. Best of luck friend, stay strong.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: