Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: My tooth got pulled out advice!!  (Read 244 times)

Offline Bella41123

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
My tooth got pulled out advice!!
« on: February 06, 2014, 06:59:33 PM »
 :fragend005: omg I got my tooth pulled out 5 hours later won't stop bleeding! I got head pressure as we'll! And I'm so scared to sleep what if I bleed to death :( !!!! Adviceeee please I'm going crazy help
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 16
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
Re: My tooth got pulled out advice!!
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2014, 07:06:33 PM »
Oh those things will bleed for hours (not gushing blood, but having to change that gauze 50 million times!)  I had one pulled a few years ago at around 5pm, I wanted to go to bed at 10pm and it was still bleeding!  I had to put an old towel down on the pillow in case I would fall asleep and it would bleed.  You mean it's bleeding enough that every time you spit you spit blood?  Or do you mean your mouth is filling with blood?  If filling with blood I would call the dentist, the other way? Totally normal!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Bella41123

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2014, 07:15:08 PM »
@sunlover.. Like I gotta replace the gauze a lot it's scared me caus dive heard someone die in their sleep cause they bleed to death due to the tooth extraction I never freak out to this stuff but since I've never had any of my teeth pulled out since I was 8 it's like freaking me out and I'm scared to take the amoxicillin and the Motrin together idk why :( advice ?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2014, 06:33:39 AM »
You posted right after I shut down my computer for the night - how did you make out?  I wish I could have told you that you'd be fine, but I guess now that you are reading this you already know that.
Where did you hear about a person bleeding to death in their sleep from a tooth extraction?   That doesn't make sense unless they were drugged very deeply (to the point of it being illegal) - they'd have woken up coughing from blood going down their throat.
(I wouldn't have taken the amoxicillin OR the Motrin, simply because I don't like taking medications unless totally necessary - when I got my tooth out I figured if I see an infection starting THEN I'll fill the antibiotic prescription - and the pain was never bad enough to take anything) BUT you CAN take those together, absolutely!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ihadcancer

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2014, 03:07:41 PM »
Wish she'd checked back in but I'll bet it's stopped and doing fine.  My last tooth bled a long time, too. They told me to stop changing the gauze so often and let the clot form.

Bookmark and Share

Offline Bella41123

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2014, 03:37:48 PM »
@sunlover & @ihadcancer I heard about that on the internet with my HA I look up everything so I panicked and did. But I made it through ! And the bleeding stopped as we'll, I'm taking both the pills too. I'm just afraid of these headaches in my temples they throb so badly :( and I don't wanna look up anything is it normal ?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2014, 03:48:30 PM »
Was it a molar?   I would think it would be pretty common if it was a deep molar - all that yanking?   It's akin to being hit in the head.   B-;
Bookmark and Share

Offline Bella41123

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2014, 03:56:33 PM »
It was my lower right jaw number 30 my jaw don't hurt it's just my head that hurts, I'm scared cause the back of my throat is whitish /:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2014, 04:00:40 PM »
That could be phlegm.  Swallow real hard then look again and see if the pattern of the white changes.  (hey, I know all these tricks :spineyes:)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Bella41123

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2014, 04:14:05 PM »
It's hard for me to swallow but it's normal to be there right cause of my extraction? Agh I just get so paranoid :( @sunlover like the back of my mouth where that red thing hangs is white and around it too
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2014, 04:44:50 PM »
Your body produces phlegm when there's an inflammation - and a tooth being pulled is definitely an inflammation.  The back of the throat is ESPECIALLY where the phlegm would be - there and some on the tonsil area.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Bella41123

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2014, 05:16:55 PM »
Yeah you right, imma continue taking the pills they gave me so it can go away. Having a tooth pulled out is the worst but for my own good I just hate that I have to go on the internet to look up everything which scares me more but thank you @sunlover for all the help foreal
Bookmark and Share

Offline Bella41123

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2014, 05:25:32 PM »
I have a ball on my ear  B-; it's scaryying me & on the left side where nothing was done is a earache :( @sunlover
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ihadcancer

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2014, 05:36:44 PM »
Bella,  I'm going to try and remember all your concerns.  After chemo, I've lost 3 molars to 'chemo mouth'. 

Headache is a combo of anxiety, having your mouth open for so long AND did they use laughing gas?  The gas gave me a 2 day headache.

Jaw hurting on opposite side/ ear ache.  They really do over extend your jaw when pulling teeth and I have TMJ. Mine hurt for weeks.

White throat....  not anything I've ever read talks about white throat being a problem. Probably dried up.  Are you rinsing with salt water?  That will dry up your throat and gums and turn them a slight shade of white.

Something that MAY come up in a day or so.....  Where they clamped around my tooth, I got a HUGE purple, blood filled bruise. I was out of state and almost had a heart attack when I saw it.  Called the oral surgeon and he was all calm like 'that never happened with the other teeth you had pulled?'  NOPE!  Perfectly normal but took about a month for all color to return to normal there. Think huge blood blister from pinching your finger.

WHERE is the ball on your ear?  In front? On the ear itself?  There are three small lymph nodes right in front of your ear that can swell up with dental infections, eye infections and ear infections.  Two of mine (so doc says) are 'shotty' and will never go down. I can only feel one.  I had ear infections several times a year until about 10 years ago so mine got damaged and calcified.  No concern. Will never turn to cancer, etc. 

Take the pills. That's what I was given.  NO straws! NO spitting.  Let it dribble out.  You're doing great!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Bella41123

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2014, 09:23:37 PM »
@ihadcancer omg your a trooper I feel like complete crap right now I got a mild fever and a headache the knot is on the outside of my hair near the ear love is it normal to feel like crap? :(
Bookmark and Share

Tags: