Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: please someone respond  (Read 322 times)

Offline alesha

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
please someone respond
« on: February 06, 2014, 04:29:29 PM »
I have this terrible uncomfortable feeling in my chest. My chest is very tight.  I keep getting these prickly shooting pains under my breast and under my arms. What could this be? Related to anxiety at all?
Bookmark and Share

Offline christina10778

• A.K.A. "Noble Queen"
  • Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
  • "If God is for us, who can be against us?"
    • Poke This Member
Re: please someone respond
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2014, 06:30:06 PM »
I just now got back on the internet and saw this....

Calm down and don't freak out.
Do breathing exercises.....

I've had the exact same thing before....even with stabbing pains under my left breast that made it nearly impossible to breathe, and it was just my Anxiety.

You've been feeling these pains and feelings for a little while, right?
How old are you?
Are you under any stress at the moment?
Bookmark and Share
My Health Anxiety Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8-5ZQ6ZyRtI4ccjpE_4QwQ/videos

My Blog: http://thoughtsineuphoria.wordpress.com/

1 Peter 5:7 - "casting all of your anxieties on Him, because He cares for you."

Offline alesha

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2014, 06:43:10 PM »
Im 27 I have felt these sensations for 3 days now. Its always different symptoms it seems. After each attack. Like once I get used to a certain symptom I can accept it as anxiety then I have another attack and have new symotoms after for days.
Bookmark and Share

Offline clippergoodwill

• Rec's: 12
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2014, 02:56:02 AM »
That's what anxiety does - it changes symptoms frequently. Mine started with shortness of breath and light headedness. But I've also had episodes where the primary ailment has been chest pain, rapid heart beat, numbness/tingling in my head, arms hands, or legs, etc etc... She is one cruel mistress.

Breathing exercises help. The way my Dr explained it, you have to take such a deep breath that it takes mental focus to handle the incoming air. It also triggers the bodies natural relaxation response. I also have to remind myself, that no matter the symptoms, I am perfectly healthy and that it's just anxiety playing it's games on me, again.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lara71

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2014, 05:25:15 AM »
I am having exact same symptoms. My therapist said she'd bet all the money in the world it was anxiety related. Clipper is right, anxiety changes body responses. I used to get prickly feelings down my legs. Now I get it in my arms.

Bookmark and Share

Offline Billy33

• Mood: Confused
    Confused
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2014, 06:38:42 AM »
When I'm going through what I call panic seasons, I find that I tend to tense up especially in my upper body and I will stay that way for several minutes before I notice that I'm doing it. Then later on I will feel sharp pains going across my chest and down my arm (usually my left arm). The doc said I'm actually straining my muscles by tensing up. Just my opinion.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mamfymoo

• Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2014, 07:54:31 AM »
defo anxiety ive experienced this so so many times its uncomfortable and makes u feel like ur gunna have a hear attack try to do something to distract urself hun its all tension built up, i bet if you were to relax your shoulders you would realise how tense u are x
Bookmark and Share
keep calm and try to fight anxiety ;-)

Offline princesslittlespoon

• Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2014, 04:08:49 PM »
Hello, I have experienced this during periods of anxiety and stress, particularly chest pain and discomfort that can be quite distressing to me. It's most likely anxiety! I always tell myself that if it were truly some serious illness, it would get worse and not just stay the same, which is oddly comforting to me for some reason. I also lie down and use a moist heat pack on my upper back which helps distract me also feels good on my back. Maybe try this?
Bookmark and Share
Anxiety disorder with PTSD features, history of depression, OCD
Migraines and tension headaches

Offline alesha

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2014, 12:14:45 PM »
You dont know how much each of your responses mean to me seriously!  I ended up going to the ER they did another ekg and x ray everthing was fine. I just had to make sure, I drove myself into such panic I thought I was going to drop dead.
         I often tell myself if it was something else, i would have other symptoms and so on. But I think in the moment of panic it tricks me into thinking that I do have more symptoms and if I dont go to the er right away I will drop dead right away. Im not sure why I feel that way but thats how terrified I get.
      Also it is reassuring that when I go to the Er everthing is fine but sometimes I think they missed a symptom and I should have more tests done... does anyone else feel this way? I think it might be because my symptoms feel so physical even though its caused just from anxiety. Its hard to believe in the moment. Its like I have a hard time identifying the symptoms of panic over something more serious.
      I also go to my primary doctor and tell him my symptoms.  he doesnt suggest any tests or anything. I guess that's a good thing, right? The er doctors and my regular doctor would know better right?  I should add, another reason I went to the ER is because I called the doctors assistant to ask the doctor what I should do with the symptoms I was feeling.. even though he knows I had anxiety he said go to the ER. Maybe he just wanted me to be on the safe side?
Bookmark and Share

Online Potatoes

• I'm so official, all I need is a whistle.
  • Rec's: 4
    Relaxed
  • This Space For Rent - $5/day
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2014, 01:10:11 PM »
First off I'm glad to hear everything tested clear and healthy.

I'm relating this all to the same effects I had when I had smoked cigarettes. I've smoked for 4 years. I noticed that I felt this very acute pain near my lung area. I had my self convinced I had lung cancer, that I could feel lung cancer. I never researched it because I didn't want to jinx myself or cause fear.

As you mentioned that Anxiety might take into place, I can agree with that. although this is my opinion I hope not to get judged to be wrong but...

Personally I think maybe: You experience a pain. In this case it's going to be non life threatening, and maybe just a nerve got rubbbed wrong or something, But you get to thinking about it. You start playing off scenarios and the next thing you know, your liver has turned to dust and is no longer there, now you're concerned that this liver dust is going to affect your kidneys. That's not really what happened, but you see how your emotions can take off into that?

I think that your Anxiety plays out in that and I think you're doing the right thing. if you ever need someone to talk to, we're always here. (:

Keep us updated.
Bookmark and Share
Sometimes when I'm home alone, I fill my bathtub with tomato sauce and pretend I'm a meatball.

Offline clippergoodwill

• Rec's: 12
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2014, 01:56:21 PM »
Rest assured, if they did imaging and didn't see anything abnormal, there's nothing there to worry about. One of my close friends is an ER RN and she tells me they see imaging every day: young, old, tall short, thin, big, and of course: sick and healthy. They've learned not only through training, but by experience, how to spot anomalies in images. I told her that I worried about a brain tumor because of how my head would feel (pressure, tingling, etc) and she assured me that if it was a tumor and I was feeling strong effects from it, I wouldn't be able to hold a normal conversation with her or hold eye contact. My neurologist said something along the same lines, that major ailments have specific side effects that are obvious from anxiety.

I think dr's offices are almost required to give the "Go to ER" response. They can't diagnose you over the phone, and by small chance it is something life threatening, that's the best course for immediate care. They have to play it safe. My neurologist's office told me the same thing when I was having strong lightheadedness while the dr was on vacation.
Bookmark and Share

Offline alesha

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2014, 04:54:01 PM »
Absolutely potatoes....  I think my anxiety gets the best of me especially when I feel new symptoms.
 That is very reassuring clippergoodwill :)
 You all are amazing! 
I think it is finally starting to sink in that anxiety can be felt very physically,  not just mental. Which I would have never imagined before experiencing it.
As I was saying about my ER visit (this is the 2nd time I went) I was scared there was something that they couldnt see by chest x ray or ekg. I feel now that if they felt the need to do more test or was unsure about something, they would have done so.
  Thanks again,  it means a lot.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: