Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Terrified of Ovarian Ca  (Read 474 times)

Offline famv5

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Terrified of Ovarian Ca
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2014, 11:41:16 AM »
NyTViolet, I know exactly what you are going through.

For the past four months, I have been getting shooting pains in my lower right abdomen (ovary area).  I shrugged it off as nothing but when it continued on, I started to worry.  I often read that ovarian cancer isn't felt until it's in advanced stages so the fact that I had pain that was continuing REALLY worried me.  I went to my doctor about it and she suggested I have an abdominal u/s, along with a pelvic done.  I did and believe it or not, everything came back clear.  I do have several fibroids in my uterus which can cause all sorts of problems but I knew that.  Both ovaries looked fine.  To tell you how much pains can be created by our minds and worrying, after I got the news the pain has almost vanished.  I'm not worrying about it anymore, therefore, I don't feel the pain.  I'm not focusing on it.  I'm 45 and really felt something was wrong.  I know how hard the waiting can be for the results. Mine took about 7 days.  Just know that at our age, things start to change in our bodies and we may start to feel different things.  I really believe everything will come back fine for you. :)
Bookmark and Share
"Our anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today of its strengths" - Charles H. Spurgeon

Online NytViolet

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2014, 10:39:21 PM »
IM SUCH A CLASSIC HYPOCHONDRIAC!!!  I couldn't wait until my appointment on the 25th, so iI called my doctor's office and asked the nurse if my results were back from my u/s.  The RN Johanna, said "I've got your chart...let me look.".  Dead silence for 30 seconds while she looks at the results, my heart rate has to be 100 at this point.  Finally she says everything looks normal!  I immediately said a silent prayer of thanks to God, then thanked Johanna and hung up.  Huge wave of relief.  I'm still having slight urgency, and cramping near the left ovary that comes and goes...so all this fanfare was probably IBS, gas or just typical fibromyalgia BS.  That's the trouble with fibro...it causes so many diffuse, intense pains, that it keeps you guessing.  Anyhow, thanks to Chris, Sun and the rest who were there when I needed help keeping my sanity.  <3.
Bookmark and Share
God does not give us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

Online ceh1354

• Rec's: 7
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2014, 11:03:20 PM »
Awww. Yay!! See, I knew it would be OK! :yes:
You're welcome!
Bookmark and Share
Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devilís schemes. Ephesians 6:11

Offline famv5

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2014, 12:18:27 AM »
So happy to hear.  :).
Bookmark and Share
"Our anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today of its strengths" - Charles H. Spurgeon

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 16
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2014, 09:13:22 AM »
NYtViolet - so happy to hear all is well!  (I personally didn't think it was anything bad at all, but the stress or constant worry can be WORSE than a physical ailment!  But I'm glad your mind is at ease) Glad you called, why put yourself through weeks of worry?   I don't understand the medical profession, we can put men on the moon, maybe men on Mars, we can communicate with people all over the WORLD in 3 seconds or less, but they can't tell people medical results for WEEKS?
Bookmark and Share

Online NytViolet

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2014, 02:30:11 PM »
I've often said the same thing myself!  Pelvic u/s should be part of every female exam after age 40.  I'm more relaxed today, but the damage done by the stress will take weeks to dissipate.  Thanks to you ladies for caring enough to help me hold it together.  Hugs
Bookmark and Share
God does not give us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7