Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Terrified of Ovarian Ca  (Read 535 times)

Offline NytViolet

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Terrified of Ovarian Ca
« on: February 06, 2014, 01:14:03 PM »
I'm heading to the primay doc in an hour because for the past month, I've had irinary urgency, dull ache in my left ovary, and feels slightly painful when I lay flat and press where my left ovary is.  I'm 49, have not had kids and made the mistake of surfing :(.  I've had these symptoms about a month.  Please pray it's not OC.  BTW, no weight changes, normal appetite, normal bowel habits...just have to pee a lot.   I need u guys right now! 
Bookmark and Share
God does not give us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
Re: Terrified of Ovarian Ca
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2014, 01:26:12 PM »
could be a UTI.  You don't always have to have cloudy urine or pain with urination.
I don't think OC hurts when you press on it - the telling symptom is bleeding.
Bookmark and Share

Offline NytViolet

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2014, 01:33:10 PM »
Thanks for the kind words.  Btw there's no family hx of ovarian or breast ca in my family.  30 min until my doctor appt.  praying for peace.
Bookmark and Share
God does not give us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

Offline NytViolet

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2014, 02:29:21 PM »
Still sitting in waiting room (gave urine sample), but haven't been called back to the inner-sanctum yet.  Feel like I need to pee again (just went!). In my mind it's a huge ovarian tumor pressing on my bladder.  Massive anxiety.
Bookmark and Share

Offline ColdHands

• Rec's: 6
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Warm heart, strong mind, struggling liver
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2014, 02:31:51 PM »
Ovarian cysts can cause all those same symptoms as can fibroids
Bookmark and Share
"There is just one more thing that bothers me."  Columbo

Offline Tal

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2014, 02:38:08 PM »
I am praying for you and sending you my positive thoughts. I am sure it is a UTI or anxiety. Anxiety makes me go to the bathroom a lot too.. And i am 46. At 49, the menopausal symptoms are all over and they could easily cause you to feel fuller bladder than ever. Hang in there!

Tal
Bookmark and Share

Offline NytViolet

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2014, 03:41:36 PM »
Urine was normal; now at imaging center awaiting transvaginal u/s and pelvic u/s.  Drank a ton of water and now waiting.  I hope the tech will take pity and give me some info.  Please God let it be a benign cyst or nothing!  My BP is sky high from anxiety.  Pray for me please.
Bookmark and Share

Offline NytViolet

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2014, 05:36:51 PM »
Pelvic u/s done.  I asked the tech "I know u can't say anything, but was there a picture that jumped out at you?"  She said "no".  I should feel relieved but I'm focusing on the fact that she added "we'll get these right to your doctor."  Make my brain stop!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline ceh1354

• Rec's: 7
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2014, 05:55:34 PM »
Not the greatest choice of words, but I'm sure she meant to add "so you can get the results and stop worrying".
Bookmark and Share
Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devilís schemes. Ephesians 6:11

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2014, 06:01:05 PM »
She probably knew you were upset and wanted to let you know that she will get them right out, that she won't sit on them and make you wait any longer than you have to.  Focus on the fact she answered your question, "no" - she can't lie to you, so she obviously didn't see anything.  Or if she did it was something really benign like fibroids or something.  That wouldn't jump out at her because they are so common. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline NytViolet

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2014, 06:59:10 PM »
thanks Chris and Sun... You're right.  Chris, you recall how this all started about 3-4 weeks ago?  Its taken me that long to make a simple doc appt.  My brother said, "if she'd seen something worrisome, she probably would've said, I'm not allowed to say anything.". I should be elated that she said NO.  At one point she pressed the wand on a certain spot by the left ovary and it hurt (in the wata painful, blind pimple hurts.  Its prolly a fat nasty cyst.  Even my doc said tthey're common in women my age, and can cause urinary urgency.  Now they want me to visit on Feb 25 for results -- geez.  Thanks ladies for our input.
Bookmark and Share

Offline ceh1354

Loved
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2014, 07:23:05 PM »
Yes, I sure do remember!
Well, it sure does seem as if it's a cyst. I had a couple a few years back. One caused me quite a bit of discomfort and/or pain for quite a while, and one I didn't know I had. So, they can all be different. If yours is a bit larger, it very possibly could cause urinary symptoms.
I do remember my doctor telling me that the vast majority of cysts are completely harmless!

Best wishes, will be praying for you!  :yes:
Bookmark and Share
Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devilís schemes. Ephesians 6:11

Offline NytViolet

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2014, 11:01:37 PM »
Thanks... I'm hoping my doctors office will get back to me sooner than later.  Waiting 3 weeks for a f/u appt is the reason I hate going to docs.   On the bright side, I've never read of OC presenting like this.  Keep me in your prayers .  <3
Bookmark and Share

Offline ceh1354

Loved
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2014, 11:17:44 PM »
I know. It's frustrating and scary when they schedule the follow up so far away.

I absolutely will!  :pray:
Bookmark and Share

Offline NytViolet

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2014, 10:26:07 AM »
Thanks.  If I don't hear from them I may call next week and ask the nurse to review my result. 
Bookmark and Share