Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Does anybody put their HA onto other people?  (Read 114 times)

Offline dadsgirl9644

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Does anybody put their HA onto other people?
« on: February 06, 2014, 11:21:59 AM »
I don't know if I worded that correctly, but I was wondering if you are not worrying about yourself if you stress and worry about other family members? For me if I am not focusing on myself, I am worrying about my daughter, husband, my parents even my dog!
Bookmark and Share

Offline emily1994

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Does anybody put their HA onto other people?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2014, 01:35:34 PM »
Yeah, I think that's only natural for people with anxiety or HA to shift their worries to their loved ones. After all, it seems like we must have something to worry about at all times, so when we can't find anything about ourselves to worry about, we worry about our family, pets, etc.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 15
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2014, 06:34:04 PM »
Actually no, I don't.  For some reason I "see" clearly and logically when dealing with my husband or daughter.  If my husband had a tingly foot I'd say, "Oh that's from driving all day!" (and I'd know and BELIEVE that and if he saw a doctor that's what the doctor would say!)  If I had a tingly foot I'd be freaking out I had MS!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kantsas

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2014, 06:34:42 PM »
Yes! My issue right now is worry about Melanoma. I have a lot of moles and my son who is 4 started getting some too. I know it's normal for kids to develop moles but I can't help think "Oh GOD he's at risk now too and I've doomed him with my crappy genes!!!" But then I tell myself, as far as he's concerned, he's not done growing yet and who knows how it will turn out. By the time he is older we will hopefully have so many new ways to treat diseases that he'll have little to nothing to worry about. Just think of how far we've come in the last 30 years!

One thing to watch though, as I have experienced this, is how your HA affects your significant other as far as their moods. These people love you and care about you, seeing you sick with worry will make them feel awful. I'm not saying that to sound cruel, but it's what I use as my motivation to make myself get better.
Bookmark and Share

Offline NightBlizzard

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Just Breathe
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2014, 06:45:12 PM »
All the time really. Mostly for my mother, she has enough actual problems as it is (she has lupus, fibromyalgia, hypothyroidism, heart disease, she even has a benign brain tumor that hasn't grown in 20yrs thank goodness!) And sometimes when she gets her bad pains or headaches I always worry for her. But for the most part she is a really big trooper. She doesn't worry about any of it and is very graceful about it. But at the same time it makes her easily frustrated when my H/A gets the better of me about myself and I start freaking out over the smallest thing (most recently the pressure I feel around my right temple & eyebrow).

Bookmark and Share
"Grant that my hands be steady, my aim be true, and my feet swift. And should the worst come to pass - grant me forgiveness"

Tags: