Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Dealing with going to the doctors  (Read 157 times)

Offline Bulle

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Dealing with going to the doctors
« on: February 05, 2014, 09:49:32 PM »
Ok, so these last few months I haven't been working because i'm in the process of joining the military, I kind of just been Sleeping, Eating, Computer and working out. Lately i've been getting strange pains ,all over my body, sharp pains in my head that come and go ETC, i've convinced myself im riddled with cancer and its consuming my life, I am going to get checked soon. The only other explanation I can onthink of is, about a month ago I went through 2 months of sleeping on a couch, maybe my neck and my back is messed up, i've always had pretty bad posture. I'm absolutely terrified of going to go get checked, I don't want to hear the doctors tell me i'm going to die soon. Lately i've been thinking there is no point at all to life, I think about my health and death 24/7. I took a test and it came back I was a "hyper sensitive" person. All day everyday, I think about my health/death. I've been thinking about ***** and really can't seem to find a point of life, I believe its pointless and i've just been torturing myself these last 2 months. I'm absolutely terrified and I don't know what to do, its consuming my happiness, my life and my thoughts. I'm making a doctors appointment tomorrow and am absolutely terrified, what can I do to calm down?
Bookmark and Share

Offline MOchp

• Anxiety Magnet
  • Rec's: 6
  • Mood: Cold
    Cold
  • Living in Fear of My Own Body
    • Poke This Member
Re: Dealing with going to the doctors
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2014, 03:09:06 AM »
Welcome to the forums. It's good you are going to the doctor and hopefully a good report from the doc will give you peace of mind. The other thing you need to focus on is your mental well being, which making an appt with a therapist if you are able is a good place to start. The can give you tools to help with obsessive thinking. In the meantime try to do something you enjoy to distract you and keep your mind off of bad thoughts. I like to play computer games, but each person has different things they enjoy. This place is good to come and share feelings or ask questions as well.
Bookmark and Share

Offline clippergoodwill

• Rec's: 12
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2014, 11:06:31 AM »
I'm not a dr by any means but from my understanding the symptoms of various cancers present themselves in more ways than pain, tingling, etc. I say this because, even after an MRI and Cat scan, I asked my neurologist if he had viewed my imaging and was sure I was free of anything life threatening. He assured me that the symptoms alone would be obvious, and that I wouldn't be complaining of just pain, lightheadedness and tingling. I didn't ask for details on those symptoms, I didn't need more to dwell on.

Good luck to you in your military enrollment. I'm envious of those who get to serve the highest honors. I was rejected in my attempt to join, despite being a very healthy and fit individual. Several years ago I had an accident that badly damaged my ear drums and they had fluid build up (had surgery a few months later to correct the problem), and the Army doesn't inherit pre-existing conditions.
Bookmark and Share

Offline EverydaySunshine

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2014, 12:58:28 PM »
In addition to the really good advice already given, try to think of this as well...You're in the process of joining the military - which I would assume is a big change in your life.  This change in itself can bring on alot of very natural worry.  And that worry can show itself in alot of different ways - like the ones you describe.  My biggest piece of advice...when the doctor says everything is fine, believe it!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: