Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: 2 years untreated chronic anxiety... Is it too late?  (Read 256 times)

Offline chris1234

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
2 years untreated chronic anxiety... Is it too late?
« on: February 05, 2014, 04:26:07 PM »
I know I ask a lot of questions but I have to wait till next week to start treatment and I just wanna ask.... I've had this random chronic anxiety for 2 years now .... Everyday for the most part.... If I start meds and therapy can I recover and feel normal again? It's scary too think of being this way for the rest of my life... I just wanna know if I'm screwed or not... When I try to think back to before this happened I can't remember what it feels like to feel normal ... I just know I was a normal person and wanna get back to that this anxiety and depression is killing me ... Will meds and therapy give me my life back? Can I recover?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Nomadah

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: 2 years untreated chronic anxiety... Is it too late?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 04:49:51 PM »
Hi Chris,

I believe you can have your life back and feel good again.  One of my closest friends (in fact, two friends of mine) let it go and let it go, and when they finally got help, it turned their lives around.  One is taking meds and seeing a psychologist only occasionally now, the other is on no meds and has done tons of self help and she is doing amazingly well. 

Good for you for taking steps toward feeling better. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline christina10778

• A.K.A. "Noble Queen"
  • Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
  • "If God is for us, who can be against us?"
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2014, 04:55:42 PM »
I've had Chronic Severe Anxiety for years, as well.
9 years....with the last 4-5 of those being a 24/7 thing.
I'm trying to fix it all on my own...no meds (terrified of them) and just recently started seriously focusing on recovery (about 2 months ago) through vitamin therapy and techniques/therapies learned from books.
I'm not fully recovered, but, I already see a big difference, although I'm doing it on my own, so I'm more than sure that you will recovery fully and quickly with that added help :)
Bookmark and Share
My Health Anxiety Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8-5ZQ6ZyRtI4ccjpE_4QwQ/videos

My Blog: http://thoughtsineuphoria.wordpress.com/

1 Peter 5:7 - "casting all of your anxieties on Him, because He cares for you."

Offline chris1234

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2014, 05:38:35 PM »
Thanks for the replies guys .... My BJJ (Brazilian jiu-jitsu) instructor is a monk and Im thinking about asking him for some sort of advice also because he is so peaceful and understands the mind so well ... But otherwise I'm starting celexa next week well see how it goes
Bookmark and Share

Offline MobileChucko

• Try? Try not! There is no try...
  • Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 21
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2014, 05:56:54 PM »
Hi Chris...

There are certainly things that are known to work for anxiety/panic attacks/depression.  These include ant-depressants, such as Celexa, therapy, such as cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), exercise, and omega 3/fish-oil.  Then there are a lot of other things you can do to support your mental health.  These include keeping hydrated (drinking plenty of water), eating a healthy diet, taking magnesium supplement, and practicing meditation/mindfulness.

The brain has amazing healing properties, much great then was once believed.  There is no reason why you can't reset your default setting from anxiety, and normality.

You can do this, Chris, and you are not alone in this! :sign0169: If I can come back again at age 60, you can sure come back at your age.

Keep us up to date on your progress.

As always, the very best to you!...  Chuck :grinning-smiley-003:
Bookmark and Share

Tags: