Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Are you on meds?  (Read 611 times)

Offline Nomadah

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Are you on meds?
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2014, 09:28:34 AM »
Thanks very much everybody, for your replies!  I really appreciate it.

I agree with you Patmob.  I don't do any fast food, pre-prepared foods or sodas, and I buy organic when I can.  I also don't use any pesticides or that sort of thing.

I live in South Africa and I can't always buy organic, and it sort of freaks me out that I've been eating pesticide-laden ::) food for the last 9 years.  I want to have an organic garden, but the baboons would raid it!  This is how paranoid I am about chemicals/pesticides, ect...I'm going up to a malaria area later in the month, and I've found a natural anti-malaria medicine to take.  Also, I have some spray that has no pesticides in it that I'll use.

I think I also have an issue with meds because I'm scared of being my mom, who is hooked on all kinds of prescription pills.

However, I can also see how crazy-thinking it is - when it could improve my life.  Taking an ativan the other day when I was in a terrible state was a huge step for me.

Bookmark and Share

Offline psychopika

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • I am stronger alone
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2014, 09:50:27 AM »
I so wish I were... I'm trying to get pregnant so I can't take any meds.

I remember the good days when Lorazepam would bring joy to my life lol.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 28
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2014, 11:15:57 AM »
@psychopika - once you are pregnant you will have so many other things on your mind, then at the end a little baby to bring REAL joy to your life.   You won't have time to concentrate on bad health things.  I know if I am occupied with some interest I am really good, but times like now when I have NOTHING going on in my life I take up that brain ***** with worry of every disease in the book.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kimdrah

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2014, 01:43:34 PM »
Bless Klonopin. ;D
Bookmark and Share
The Dalai Lama,was most surprised by Man.He sacrifices his health to make money. He sacrafices money for his health,he is so anxious about the future so he does not enjoy the present, he does not live in the present or the future,he thinks he will never die, then he dies having never lived.

Offline stephtronic

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Hot
    Hot
  • \m/
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2014, 02:48:07 PM »
I take Zoloft. 200 mg a day. Helps a lot.  :yes:
Bookmark and Share
My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.

Offline psychopika

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • I am stronger alone
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2014, 05:31:47 AM »
@psychopika - once you are pregnant you will have so many other things on your mind, then at the end a little baby to bring REAL joy to your life.   You won't have time to concentrate on bad health things.  I know if I am occupied with some interest I am really good, but times like now when I have NOTHING going on in my life I take up that brain ***** with worry of every disease in the book.

That's what I hope (and rather trust) it will happen - I think having to take care of someone else who depends on me will make me more clear-headed and less self-obsessed. Because I admit, being a hypochondriac makes me a very selfish, self-centred person and I'm tired of being that. And yes, it's true, I often check myself inside out for diseases when I'm bored and have nothing to do with my time or refuse to do anything else and prefer to dwell on my dark thoughts.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: