Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Small Bump Behind Navel: Possible hernia or normal tissue?  (Read 105 times)

Offline Firecress

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Small Bump Behind Navel: Possible hernia or normal tissue?
« on: February 04, 2014, 09:12:51 PM »
When I stick my finger into my belly button and wiggle it around, I can feel a pea-sized, soft lump. It feels almost like it's attached to the "root" of my navel, so I wonder if it might just be umbilical scar tissue (from however the belly button heals internally), but I'm also worried it could be a hernia. No pain, and I haven't done anything that I'd think would cause a hernia, but I still worry that I need to get examined. And then I start going to the worst-case scenario and panicking about abdominal surgery. I googled and and some people apparently can feel lumps in fat tissue there?

Does anyone else have this? Is it normal?  :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline emily1994

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Small Bump Behind Navel: Possible hernia or normal tissue?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 10:50:42 PM »
I'm pretty sure that is normal, lol. I have the same thing. It's a part of your belly button. What are you doing inspecting it, anyway?

A hernia is totally different.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 14
  • Mood: Relieved
    Relieved
    • Poke This Member
Re: Small Bump Behind Navel: Possible hernia or normal tissue?
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2014, 02:44:33 PM »
If it's ANY kind of hernia it's a belly button hernia.  My husband has one, but it's about the size of a grape.  He JUST was to the doctor for his regular check up, he pushed on it, it was soft, he asked my husband if it hurt - he said it didn't and the doctor just waved his hand and said don't worry about it. (his just came out of nowhere, it's not like it was small and grew).  So I wouldn't worry about it as long as it doesn't hurt and is soft.  And if obviously doesn't get bigger, my husband had his the same size for a year.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: