Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Googling  (Read 556 times)

Offline Taurus4

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Googling
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2014, 01:24:20 AM »
Our stories do seem similar. The thing that scares me is I actually have been experiencing some colon cancer symptoms for a while now. I addressed the issue with my doctor and he wouldn't even discuss that as a possibility because of my age. The weight loss is really starting to freak me out though. I don't count calories but I do know I've been eating less than usual. I'm not like eating super healthy when I do eat though. I also have a very stressful and very active job. I don't eat much during the day and honestly probably burn off the calories I do eat while at work. Last week was a particularly bad week appetite wise and some days I know I wasn't even close to eating 1000 calories in a day. I know this would cause me to lose weight over time. But this weekend I ate fairly normal and even had a few drinks with friends and I still noticed the scale dropped since then.  That just doesn't seem normal to me. Earlier this year I was working out like crazy and eating the healthiest  I ever have and didn't drop this much weight. I can't believe it could all bee anxiety related.
Bookmark and Share

Offline everette

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2014, 02:05:03 AM »
Your body needs a certain amount of calories a day just to function. I think it's like 60 to 70 percent of the calories burned in a day is while you are at rest.
You body burns more calories while you sleep than while you work.

If you are not eating enough calories then you are going to lose weight.
Bookmark and Share

Offline skyisblue

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2014, 03:55:52 AM »
In 2011, I made a promise to myself to take small steps to STOP GOOGLING.

No matter how simple the symptoms I Google, there is always that line at the end of every article that "If this persist, consult your doctor as this may be a sign of <insert serious disease here>". If there is one thing I learned from Google, it's this: every small case leads to the worst case.

And for us with HA, this never works in our favor.

I'm not gonna lie. I still Google sometimes to look for assurance, but since I made that self pledge in 2011, my anxiety has drastically reduced.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 27
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2014, 07:53:38 AM »
Our stories do seem similar. The thing that scares me is I actually have been experiencing some colon cancer symptoms for a while now. I addressed the issue with my doctor and he wouldn't even discuss that as a possibility because of my age. The weight loss is really starting to freak me out though. I don't count calories but I do know I've been eating less than usual. I'm not like eating super healthy when I do eat though. I also have a very stressful and very active job. I don't eat much during the day and honestly probably burn off the calories I do eat while at work. Last week was a particularly bad week appetite wise and some days I know I wasn't even close to eating 1000 calories in a day. I know this would cause me to lose weight over time. But this weekend I ate fairly normal and even had a few drinks with friends and I still noticed the scale dropped since then.  That just doesn't seem normal to me. Earlier this year I was working out like crazy and eating the healthiest  I ever have and didn't drop this much weight. I can't believe it could all bee anxiety related.

I told this to someone else on another post, but if you go back to eating normally you won't see any gains for a week or 2.   When I lost all that weight from stress I started eating normally and lost another pound before it started to pick up again, I dropped from 137 to 112, then started eating normally and dropped to 111... stayed at 111 for the longest time before it started picking up again.  I described it as a car hitting a brick wall at 60mph, the car stops but the people inside still fly forward at 60mph until they too hit the wall. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ihadcancer

• Rec's: 19
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2014, 08:43:03 AM »
I REALLY try and some days can avoid it.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: