Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: False memories of cheating  (Read 370 times)

Offline Nic0405

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
False memories of cheating
« on: February 04, 2014, 02:31:23 PM »
I'm hoping someone can help as I'm really struggling just now. I'm 24 weeks pregnant and for the first few months I was over the moon. For some reason over the past few weeks I've started to worry that I cheated on my husband and that the baby isn't his. I had been drinking but remember everything else about the night and deep down I know I haven't done anything but I can't shake this horrible feeling. I can't think how this cheating could have happened, what led to it, what the guy looked like, how I felt afterwards etc. I would never cheat on my husband and it's killing me having these thoughts. How do I know if this is a false memory or a memory I've somehow repressed? I keep thinking surely I would have been distraught afterwards and would have got the morning after pill if I had any doubt at the time that I had done something. Someone please help!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Tld.

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: False memories of cheating
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 03:15:43 PM »
Ive had these same thoughts. Its not possible atall, as my partner is the only person ive ever slept with. I know now that it was a case of my anxious brain thinking of the worst thing that could happen. I find that when im happy I think up things that could ruin that for me. Hope this helps a little.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ringoboo

• Just Joined!
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: False memories of cheating
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2014, 02:21:27 AM »
Hello!

in my last relationship, I had this constantly. If he understands your OCD, which, I hope he does, maybe you can talk to him about it? Explain what false memories are, and that you're having problems with them. Keeping it in makes it seem more realistic to yourself. Sometimes, talking about your problems and worries out loud makes you realize how silly they really are!

It's funny, once I was out of my relationship, all my fears about cheating went away! It's just one way OCD can morph, nothing more. Don't give it any more power than that.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: