Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Attacking the one's I love.  (Read 280 times)

Offline Ruby2014

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Attacking the one's I love.
« on: February 03, 2014, 11:20:35 PM »
I have been dealing with anxiety and depression since I was 15 years old and I am now 30 and have two beautiful kids and a boyfriend that loves and cares about me but there's one problem, and that problem is me. We have been together almost two years and have been living together for almost a year. My kids and I made a big move from our hometown, we have never lived anywhere else and ended up moving pretty far away from our home state. I tend to blame myself for a lot. My failed relationship with my kid's dad, the fussing and arguing with my boyfriend, I'll get so down and thin that I deserve every bit of anything negative that I have received which frustrates my boyfriend and sends me into attack mode. He has been doing some research because this is all new to him and I told him that if I understood it I would try to help but I don't know what my triggers are. I believe I am going to try to keep a journal and see if maybe I can find it that way?? Does anyone e have any suggestions or advice?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 169
    • Poke This Member
Re: Attacking the one's I love.
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 05:46:57 AM »
This thing of self blame is all wrong. That is the first thing I would look to change. Everything happens for a reason. I am sure the reason is not always you. Positive affirmations are a good place to start. You can find loads on the net. Ones that help you to love and respect yourself for who you are right now. There is that old saying, if you can't learn to love yourself, how can you expect to love anybody else or have anybody else loving you. They are aimed at changing how you think. Turning a negative into a positive. Write them down on stick paper. Stick them about the house. You walk into any room you see these positive words. Say them to yourself. Or even say them out loud. They will sink in to the subconscious mind after a few weeks. Push out all that negative stuff you have in there. That tells you everything that ever went wrong in your life is all because of you. We bought know that is not true at all. That is what is bringing you down. It is those thoughts we are aiming to change.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline Ruby2014

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Attacking the one's I love.
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2014, 09:53:24 PM »
That is a great idea. I am willing to give that a try. I have tried meditating to try to relieve my anxiety. I will sometimes wake up with anxiety and usually when I wake up with anxiety my day is bad and I spiral out of control, my mind wanders and I beat myself up (mentally). I don't know why I think so negatively of myself, my parents were always so positive. I am working on setting up an appointment with a counselor, maybe dig deep down and see why or where all of this is coming from and try to deal with it. Thanks for the advice! It's always good to hear other's thoughts especially when your mind is foggy.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: