Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Freaking out about brain tumor because of left foot issue  (Read 163 times)

Online Lindsay2427

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
    • Poke This Member
Freaking out about brain tumor because of left foot issue
« on: February 03, 2014, 07:42:43 PM »
I think I am going to go crazy. I have been having trouble with my since left foot  last winter. It seemed to have started when I bought a pair of tall below the knee boots with about a 2.5 inch heal. I bought them a tad bit smaller than I should have but I loved them and didn't care. I wore them daily. I started having pain and an odd sensation across the top of my fooot into my big toe with touch. Almost a shocking sensation. This seems to greatly improve over the summer when was not in boots and in flip flops but the sensation never fully went away with touch. Since I have started wearing the boots again its back and I'm scared. I can not flex my toes upward with out an extreme pins and needles sensation in my big toe and the 2 toes next to it. I also have some pain across the top of my foot when in the boots. For 3 days I have had pain in that foot early in the morning. I'm TERRIFIED this is a brain tumor and symptoms just go hand in hand with my boots. I have just actually gotten a small break from my extreme colon cancer fear and now I feel like I am on the verge of a panic attack over my foot. I'm also worried about bone cancer or MS OR colon cancer that spread to my brain or foot bone.
My foot never goes numb on its own. It's only when I flex my toes. I also Have a small decrease in sensation on the top of my big toe. I know this could be something extreme minor but my HA is out of control. I'm seeing a podiatrist Thursday and I'm terrified he will tell me horrible news.
What could this be? Would a brain tumor or spinal tumor only affect my big toe and top of left foot?
Bookmark and Share

Online Sunlover

• Rec's: 15
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
    • Poke This Member
Re: Freaking out about brain tumor because of left foot issue
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2014, 08:03:12 PM »
If you had that since last winter you wouldn't even be here posting now!   You sound like me, now stop it.   :spineyes:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lara71

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2014, 10:13:18 PM »
Sounds like boots are to blame. Bad shoes can mess up your feet. I wore bad shoes on a pronation and ended up with a damaged tendon.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Venomsoar

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2014, 10:24:13 PM »
...It seemed to have started when I bought a pair of tall below the knee boots with about a 2.5 inch heal. ...I started having pain and an odd sensation across the top of my fooot into my big toe with touch. ...This seems to greatly improve over the summer when was not in boots and in flip flops ...Since I have started wearing the boots again its back...

From all this information here, it should be obvious what is causing you these sensations. Tumours don't get better before they get worse. They often start asymptomatic and slowly grow larger with persisting symptoms that progressively worsen. Your symptoms have a) fluctuated and b) not progressively worsened over a long period of time (from what you have told us). Not to mention that these symptoms can also be induced, and be worsened by anxiety. None of us can diagnose you (obviously) but my best bet is that your problem is not with a tumour, but with health anxiety.

Seeking reassurance will do you no good (trust me). You need to deal with your irrational thoughts (no intention to offend you here).
Bookmark and Share

Online Lindsay2427

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2014, 10:34:51 PM »
Thank you for the replies and I do appreciate your honesty. I know I do need help with my anxiety over my health. This now something I have suffered with since early childhood. 
Bookmark and Share

Tags: