Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: puppy woes-ecoli  (Read 142 times)

Offline reece

• Rec's: 12
    • Poke This Member
puppy woes-ecoli
« on: February 03, 2014, 06:48:07 AM »
so, as some of you may know i recently got a puppy. i didn't want one, for many reasons, anxiety being one of them, but my husband wore me down and i gave in. i regret it like i knew i would, but i'm dealing with it. we've had her for 2 weeks now, she's 11 weeks old.
i am coping pretty well, but have encountered a little bump in the road here.

she may have a UTI(bladder infection). i have to take her in today. what scares me is that I know UTI's are caused by ecoli. i have been cleaning up her pee, which would have ecoli in it if she has a UTI!! also, she peed in her crate and laid in it(FUN), and so, my son touched her before we knew that.  i also touched her blankets which had pee on them before i knew about the possible UTI.  she's peed on the floor, we hold her, pet her, carry her around...she licks herself then us  :bigsmile:  so...i'm feeling scared about us contracting ecoli!

i know it's a risk. i know i have to live with it, but i sure wish i could get some reassurance somehow. 

anyone want a puppy? :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Stressed Jumper

• Rec's: 10
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: puppy woes-ecoli
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2014, 07:14:51 AM »
I have been around animals (cats, dogs, horses, rabbits, etc.) my whole life, cleaned up their messes, gotten licked by them on the face, and never gotten sick from them.  I have also never ever heard of anyone getting e. coli from their dog's UTI. I think you can relax on that count but ask your vet when you take her in if that will help.  And don't give up on the puppy...animals can actually be really good for anxiety.  My cat and horse both know when I'm spooled up with GAD and are the best all natural cures in the world.  Hang in there!
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2014, 08:04:48 AM »
I have been around dogs and various other animals and reptiles for over 40 years and
have never had any issues at all and I have bitten, urinated on, crapped on, they threw up and
had bloody diarrhea and the list goes on.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline reece

• Rec's: 12
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2014, 08:42:08 AM »
 ;*)  well that sounds lovely marc!  ha ha...i keep saying to my husband, what is the point of having a dog...i just don't get it. i guess you must really like animals!! LOL
Bookmark and Share

Tags: