Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Weight loss concerns  (Read 246 times)

Offline jmcewan

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Weight loss concerns
« on: February 02, 2014, 11:09:10 PM »
I'm sure this has been to death and I am just trying to keep a clear head and get more clarification. For most of my life I have been overweight and no matter how hard i would diet and workout, i would have the hardest time losing weight; but the weight i did lose always stayed off for the most part. In May of last year i got back into my workout routine and dieting high protein (200 grams a day) and tried not to go over 2,200 calories a day. Nothing no weight loss for months, stopped working out for 2 weeks and dropped 5 pounds over a week. Then I stopped working out again due to a crazy work schedule among other things and slowly went to about 226-228 where I have been up until recently.

In about the last 2-3 weeks i have lost about 7 pounds (219 as of this morning). No exercise and no dieting (just cleaned up my diet a bit because of my GERD) and no matter what I eat I dont seem to put any weight on through the day. This is the fastest I have ever lost weight before and it kinda has me freaked out and first thing my mind jumps to is cancer of course. does anyone have any insight?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Taurus4

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Weight loss concerns
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2014, 01:35:20 AM »
I am struggling with the same exact thing right now. I'm also going through a very bad HA phase right now with my main issue being a fear of colon cancer. I was probably my heaviest ever this summer weighing about 180 pounds. I knew I needed to lose weight so I was very strict  with diet and exercise but only lost about 5 pounds. Then of course the holidays happened and I started eating crappier again and visiting the gym less frequently. But instead of putting the weight back on, I ended up dropping about 5 or 6 additional pounds since the beginning of the month. This paired with my cancer fears has sent me into a full blown panic. I have been able to rationalize a bit because I do know thay my anxiety has messed with my appetite lately and I have been eating less than normal. I also have a pretty active job and I barely have time to eat at all during the day some days. Maybe your anxiety is doing the same to you and you just haven't realized it yet? It took me a while to realize my eating habits had changed.
Also, something that has been a bit reassuring to me is my dad's situation. He had cancer last year and one of his major symptoms was unexplained weight loss. And I am not talking 6 or 7 pounds. I'm talking close to 30 pounds in just a couple months. This was the not the type of weight loss where people tell you you look good. This weight loss was the kind where people look at you and automatically wonder if you're sick. And even then, his cancer was still caught at a very early stage and he is completely cancer-free now. I'm trying very hard to keep these things in mind and just chalking it up to my anxiety. I'm sure that's all it is.
Bookmark and Share

Offline jmcewan

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Weight loss concerns
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2014, 02:11:05 AM »
yeah I know I have been dealing with anxiety overall since the holidays. A coworker who likes to throw people under the bus for random stuff so no one notices his mistakes (and I am his target over the last couple months). I have been dealing with fears about barrett's esophagus and cancer from GERD. My mom just got diagnosed with breast cancer (stage 0/1 thank god). I guess I have just been so good at burying everything inside for so long I dont even realize the stress my body is under.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: