Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Anxiety Trigger Help  (Read 490 times)

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
Re: Anxiety Trigger Help
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2014, 05:46:17 AM »
That's good to know. Do you know if a pinched nerved or pulled muscle in my back or neck could cause these twitches? It makes sense in theory..

Pulled muscle can - I went to the gym Saturday and overdid the triceps, the top of my right arm was twitching like crazy... it let up a LITTLE bit yesterday morning but due to a HUGE snowstorm and shoveling heavy wet snow every 2 hours ALL day long, this morning that twitching is REAL bad!   I feel that if I wore a tight shirt you'd see the arm popping all over the place!  twitching on the tricep, then on the bicep and even on the side of the chest!  As I'm typing the thing is doing a dance here!  So yes definitely pulled muscles will cause twitching or just overuse.  (or sometimes there's no reason we can pinpoint - like an eyelid twitching, which mine did for a month one time)
Bookmark and Share

Offline gvjaguar

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2014, 07:52:10 PM »
Thanks to both of you for replying, I definitely feel a little better. On the point of confirmation bias - you're absolutely right. I get zoned in on this terrible disease and it's all I can think about and anything that can remind me of it just sends my anxiety into a rage. It's just so hard to tell your mind to ignore it and shut up when you're in a constant state of fear and depression because you think you're slowly dying.

On the topic of working out, I have been working out for over a year and a half now and I have definitely been lifting more weight than I should have in addition to improper lifting technique (i.e. putting too much strain on my lower back and neck). Do you feel like there could be a nerve issue going on that's not serious because of this? For example a couple weeks ago my left butt cheek would spasm when I would sit down. When I pulled my knee up towards my opposite shoulder I could induce the brief spasm (felt like a cell phone vibrating). Also, I noticed when I put a pillow in just the right spot in my lumbar area when I go to bed that I can reduce much of the twitching/vibrations. I'm hoping that's a "good" sign.

The funny thing is none of these twitches started until I began standing long hours every day working as a cashier. Of course I didn't wear the best shoes and my feet and lower back would kill me for the first few weeks. Is there any way that something like this could cause it? Being only 21, you would think I'm too young to have this disease. Thanks again.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2014, 08:08:30 AM »
Oh yes, working out more than you should or lifting heavier than used to could cause spasms, pain etc.  AGAIN with this ^$%&$ snow I went out at 4:30am to get the 2 inches of heavy slush off the steps and walkway before it turned to ice, after being at my parents last night shoveling THEM out (they are away) now I hurt my LEFT tricep so bad I can't put ANY pressure on my hand on that side because it feels like it is driving a knife through the muscle!  (Although I have the ENERGY of a 20 year old, my muscles at 55 just don't like the "workouts"), but overdoing things can cause ANY symptoms like pain, stabbing, throbbing, twitching, etc at ANY age.  A nerve compression in the lower back will cause the leg issues - so will overdoing leg exercises, the leg muscles themselves.  (as we speak my butt muscle started twitching!)  Snow snow, go away!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: