Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Brain Tumor--seriously desperate  (Read 224 times)

Offline mydogisnamedslippy

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • aaaaaaahhhhhhhhh
    • Poke This Member
Brain Tumor--seriously desperate
« on: February 02, 2014, 07:48:27 PM »
Hello everyone...
Happy super bowl. Unfortunatly I have been so upset that the idea of going out or doing anything is horrifying and paralyzing.

I am convinced I have a brain tumor--to the point of feeling a little bit insane.
Here's the sitch:

For the last several nights I have been having nightmares. Horrible, gruesome nightmares. Yesturday, after having one such dream, i woke up with the worst headache I have ever had. My sister has migranes, and maybe thats what it was, but I convinced my self I had a tumor and went to the ER where the doctor aked me a bunch of questions and decided I didn't have one and wouldn't give me an MRI. I don't understand how you can exclude a diagnosis based on questions. Any way, I cant stop crying.

Any one this:
* Headache and pressure
* Neck/shoulder pain
* Nightmares

I find that when I bend my head backwards it feels really heavy. Could this be a neck/shoulder issue? Could this all be related to the fact that i need to get my wisdom teeth out?
I am seriuosly afraid I'm dying right now. Also my mouth tastes bad. Anxiety? Cancer?

HELP!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline emily1994

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Brain Tumor--seriously desperate
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2014, 08:07:51 PM »
Wow, sorry but you are jumping to quite the conclusion by thinking headaches and nightmares equal a brain tumor! First of all, a lot of people with brain tumors don't even experience headaches. Brain tumors cause severe neurological symptoms. Just because you have had a headache doesn't mean you have a brain tumor. There are SO many different reasons for headaches, one being anxiety. The ER doctor was correct in deciding you do not need a scan. It would be a waste of time.

By the way, the neck pain is probably causing your headaches. That could be caused by bad posture, or of course, ANXIETY!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hypo84

• Rec's: 15
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2014, 08:18:08 PM »
I know you are very scared right now, I felt that way with HA many times. The fact is, I am not a pep talk guy, more of a in your face guy, so take the message the right way, it is meant to help you.

How in the world did you connect these symptoms with brain tumor ?! Nightmares? And headaches? They are ridiculously common, brain tumor is not. Neck pain / shoulder pain, point out to some tension in the muscles, probably due to sleeping the wrong way because of the nightmares. Guess what, headaches come from that too. That is logical thinking. You've got the medical opinion as well. So, the only thing you've left with is the feeling you have something serious, which doesn't mean s***, because it's a feeling caused by HA.

What you should do is work on your anxiety. My first advice, stop googling symptoms completely. Second, if you can, find some good therapist and visit him.

Bookmark and Share

Offline Tweenie

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2014, 08:28:37 PM »
My best friend had 4 brain tumors and she never had headaches. Your HA has taken hold. You are fine, don't worry. I know it's easier said than done.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Dayvid

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2014, 06:28:34 PM »
Nightmares - Anxiety
Heavy Head - Anxiety/Sinus?
Headaches - Stress/Sinus?

This doesn't sound as serious as you think. HA can be scary... don't let it hold on to you.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: Brain Tumor