Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Scared of blood clots, DVT??  (Read 187 times)

Offline LouiseThomy

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Scared of blood clots, DVT??
« on: February 02, 2014, 01:49:19 PM »
I'm 18 and today after sitting down for about 4h doing college work ( I got up a few times ) I started noticing my legs were swelling and I panicked of course and they were a little painful and now I'm convinced I have it because I was on BC for about a week and then stopped cause they made me feel really sick. (In a week, can it already do this?)
So anyway, I'm now short of breath because it's freaking me out, I panic more knowing I'm short of breath and a bit dizzy too.
There's no heat, or anything like that, just noticeable pain a bit and they feel tight (?)

I've had GAD for about 5 years now, so can all this be anxiety related? Plus I hardly get sleep. from about 5am-11am.

Thanks, need advice! :-)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 161
    • Poke This Member
Re: Scared of blood clots, DVT??
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 05:38:47 AM »
If you are any way worried please visit a doctor. Just to be safe. Most of your problem is anxiety based. Once you noticed the leg swollen a bit the mind began to race. But it is the swollen leg I would see the doctor about. Just to find out the actual cause of it. Legs shouldn't just swell. I am not saying you have any serious condition at all. Could be a simple answer. One that I wouldn't know. Not sure if this has ever happened before or if the swelling went back down quickly? Nothing wrong with having it checked out for peace of mind.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Tags: