Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: how long have you had anxiety symptoms for and what are they??  (Read 307 times)

Offline eddy1608

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
how long have you had anxiety symptoms for and what are they??
« on: February 02, 2014, 12:38:39 PM »
just curious to see what symptoms people have had the longest. i ve had shortness of breath on and of for 4 yrs now, dizziness on and of for 3 yrs and chest discomfort for a yr and a half. hopefully one day we will all be free of this or at the very least be in a place where we can manage it and not think were terminally ill
thanks
Bookmark and Share

Offline Graceski8

• Mood: Hyper
    Hyper
  • Agoraphobic
    • Poke This Member
Re: how long have you had anxiety symptoms for and what are they??
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2014, 01:52:52 PM »
i've had depersonalisation for about 3 years, shortness of breath feeling for about a year, heart palpitations on and off for 2 years, dizzy feeling for 2 years, and just a general weird feeling for over 4 years!

:sick0002:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Taurus4

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2014, 02:18:29 PM »
My symptoms present themselves in very different ways. It usually revolves around what disease I am currently fearing. For example, I had horrible head aches and shooting head pains along with muscle weakness when I had my brain tumor fear, I had major muscle twitching when I feared ALS, and now that my current fear is colon cancer my stomach has been an absolute mess. The mind is a crazy thing. In general I often experience a rapid heart rate and muscle weakness.
Bookmark and Share

Offline patmob

• Rec's: 6
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2014, 09:09:16 AM »
Ever since I could remember - even as a little kid I was always scared but never really knew what I was scared of.  As I got older it started to morph into OCD style worry about my loved ones and its now morphed into constantly worrying about my heart.  I can honestly say I can't remember a time when I didn't have symptoms for more than a couple of weeks.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cozy813

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2014, 10:20:01 AM »
I always had HA. Even as a child. I get palpitations, headaches, nauseous, muscle spasms and of course major panic attacks that feel like heart attacks. I usually get symptoms of whatever illness I think I have. I just wish the worry and panic would stop so I could enjoy my life more. Good luck to you.
Bookmark and Share

Offline clippergoodwill

• Rec's: 12
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2014, 10:39:20 AM »
Mine began on 3/18/13 in the form of shortness of breath, blurred vision, heart racing, and light headedness. Over the next few months the symptoms would go from occasional to constant. Doctors kept telling me it was anxiety but, being a stubborn guy, I refused to accept it and went to several different doctors to hunt down a biological reason. Chest pain, light headedness, dizziness, tingling and numbness in my head, arms, fingers, legs, etc are all pretty common for me. Also, I will have elevated blood pressure during these spells, around 140/90 but it's gone as high as 180/115. Around october last year I began having migraine headaches as well. Fortunately, now that I've overcome my stubbornness and accepted the anxiety, the attacks have reduced in severity and frequency.
Bookmark and Share

Offline am123

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2014, 11:54:06 AM »
I went through a period of worrying about my health when I was a kid, then didn't worry for the longest time (probably age 12 - 27 or so). Then it came back in full force.  I think it was triggered by extreme stress with school/work, my parents getting sick, and family members starting to pass away (I have an older family so it seems never-ending).  Since then it's been one thing after another. I too wish I could stop worrying about things.  I often wonder how people just go through their lives not worrying about health, particularly when they've already been sick or are at high risk of something.  I wish I could find something that works. Good luck to you!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline ColdHands

• Rec's: 6
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Warm heart, strong mind, struggling liver
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2014, 12:05:38 PM »
Like one of the other posters said, it depends on what disease I am worrying about.

I usually get those symptoms.  The main one that I get with everything is usually diarrhea (if I'm super freaked) and gas along with loss of appetite and pounding pulse, palps. 

Add those to whatever I am worried about and those symptoms.  I've had these all my life to some degree or another.  Before the internet, I was always pouring of encyclopedia and bothering the poor nurses on those help lines.

These got worse when I moved out on my own and got married.  My mom could always talk me down, at least somewhat. 

Right now, My liver enzymes are freakily elevated, so I am having fullness and pain in my RUQ.  My liver my be inflamed or swollen, but I imagine some of the pain and discomfort is anxiety because I have gas too and I didn't have it until I went to the ER and they told me that my enzymes were even higher than they were in December.

So I know that some of mine is nerves. 
The other night I started itching because I know thats a symptom of liver disease.  When I was busy doing something else I didn't have it. 
Bookmark and Share
"There is just one more thing that bothers me."  Columbo

Offline candaceb816

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2014, 12:12:05 PM »
It's more like what HAVENT I had, which honestly makes me feel better because it's good to know that anxiety can cause so many different symptoms that some can think are serious health problems.

I've had everything from

-shortness of breath
-heart palpitations
-dizziness
-headache
-stomach pain/cramps
-diarrhea
-muscle spasms
-nausea
-Back pain/pressure
-so much more

It has gotten to the point where I have to remind myself that most likely what I'm feeling is a result of anxiety.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: