Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: newbie..and my story. :)  (Read 91 times)

Offline cdean1

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
newbie..and my story. :)
« on: February 01, 2014, 07:40:29 PM »
Hello all. Here is my story and hopefully I get some good advice. As a kid I suffered from anxiety.  Between beiing bullied and always wanting to fit in I became diagnosed with gad.  It got better with age, but I was always on some kind of medicine.  Come college and meeting my now husband I decided to slowly get off my medicinei but the anxiety was still there..just subtle.

Forward to now( just spent the last six months building our first home and closed successfully..it was a stressful six months..but after closing last month I havent felt stressed or anxious.) Few weeks ago I started to randomly have tachycardia / panic attacks      ( or so I'm starting to believe) I get light headed, flush and my heart just takes off.

I've had multiple ekgs, chest X-ray, ct scan of chest, halter monitors and a stress test. All revealed a healthy heart. And since these 'episodes' my symptoms have spiraled out of control. SInce that first trip to er i have been terrified and thinking I have everything in the book! My symtoms have progressed to numbness in arms, hands feet, pain in left arm and both feet oddly enough. I've had shortness of breath and a general feeling of foggyness and just generally not feeling well. My cardiologist has told me I'm healthy.
But my GP has told me that while it may be true that it is anxiety she wants to rule out all serious things first. I have an mri scheduled for Thursday and lots of blood work scheduled Monday morning.

Any advice would be helpful. But I'm pretty sure I'm suffering the full effects of anxiety and stress, but all serious things are being  ruled out in the process just in case. :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
Re: newbie..and my story. :)
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2014, 05:08:09 AM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline cdean1

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: newbie..and my story. :)
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2014, 11:40:10 AM »
Thank you! Will definitely post on a different forum.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: