Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Bone pain--scared of cancer  (Read 105 times)

Offline annaki

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Bone pain--scared of cancer
« on: February 01, 2014, 06:34:08 PM »
So I'm pretty new to this forum but not to this fear!! I've had health anxiety for 3 years or sonow. It's really starting to ruin my life. I've been scared out of my mind that I have lymphoma and leukemia several times now. I'm just convinced that I'm going to get that and have to have chemo which is what REALLY petrified me.
Right now I have this hip pain and my femur is aching. Seems to be getting worse and I'm freaking out that I have bone cancer or metastasis from some other tumor.  I have X-rays scheduled and am super scared to get them because I just know they're going to find something. I have a bone disease as is and am so scared it turned into something really bad.. . Problem is my family doesn't take me seriously any more because they think its just anxiety.  I'd really love some help :(
Bookmark and Share

Online Sunlover

• Rec's: 14
  • Mood: Relieved
    Relieved
    • Poke This Member
Re: Bone pain--scared of cancer
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2014, 07:16:58 PM »
When things like that happen to me I think REAL hard and I realize I did something (lifted something, shoveled snow, did a new machine at the gym, ANYTHING)  Sometimes it could be something you do everyday (ie:  take a laundry basket up from the basement) and just step wrong or twist 2 degrees in the wrong direction. How long did you have the pain and how long did it take to get worse?  If it's a metastasis then the original tumor would have to have been so bad you'd KNOW you had one somewhere else.
What kind of bone disease do you have?  (it may have made you more susceptible to a strain from doing something)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: