Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Am I going to have a heart attack?  (Read 460 times)

Offline Frenchy612

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Am I going to have a heart attack?
« on: February 01, 2014, 06:12:24 PM »
I got up this afternoon from a late night of smoking then drinking. I noticed I had a hangover so I just stayed in bed for a few hours while watching Netflix. Then when I rolled over and stood slightly up I noticed my arm was tingling and I was getting ALOT of anxiety and I felt like I was going to have a panic attack. So I went to my colleges nurses office but it was closed to I went to see the RA of my floor and he talked to me for a bit and then I said I wanted to go to the ER and he called security to transport me but my mom called and said I was just having a panic attack (I've had plenty before, I just haven't been taking my medication lately) and that I don't need to go to the ER. I was angry and scared when the security brought me back but my friend Blaise helped me relax a bit and the tingling in my hands are a lot better. He then gave me some water and a bit of food, cause I haven't eaten since this morning when I woke up. I'm still terrified, what if I'm having  a heart attack? Is tingling in the hands or slightly in the arms normal? Please help me
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 169
    • Poke This Member
Re: Am I going to have a heart attack?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2014, 06:41:19 AM »
Well I think if you were having a heart attack you would have really known all about it. I have seen people have heart attacks. Mostly on the ground unable to move. The fact you could move around. Come on the net and make a post even. You wouldn't be able to do that if you were having a heart attack. Trust me on that one. Panic can make the hands and other areas tingle. Night of drinking can make people with anxiety issues worse the next day. It can heighten your anxiety levels. My own guess was just a bad panic episode. Once your mother said this and you went back to your room you seemed to relax again. All points to anxiety.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline threnners

• Leaping to the worst conclusion in a single bound!
  • Anxiety Girl
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2014, 07:24:34 PM »
Low magnesium levels can cause tingling.    But honestly, any time I tingle I know it's anxiety.   
Bookmark and Share

Offline 1thingeveryday

• Rec's: 2
  • Holy crap... the Bene Gesserit were right
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2014, 08:16:15 PM »
Tingles are just blood being cut off (from lying on it, usually). I've been told by people whose opinions I trust that you can tell you're having a heart attack because your arm doesn't tingle, it hurts. Shooting pains, not just numb fuzzies.
Bookmark and Share
Do one thing every day that scares you.
                                          -Eleanor Roosevelt

Offline Billy33

• Mood: Confused
    Confused
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2014, 06:48:34 AM »
From what I understand the pain you feel during a heart attack is the worse pain you've ever experienced. Not only is the pain in the left arm but. it's also in the chest and jaw. Also accompanied by a severe sudden headache that is also the worst pain imaginable. My father has suffered two heart attacks and thank the good Lord he's still around to irritate me. He was also a paramedic for 30 years. These are the things he has told me when I thought I was having a heart attack and it helps knowing the symptoms so I can dismiss the sensations as just another panic attack.Good luck to you!
Bookmark and Share

Offline mamfymoo

• Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2014, 07:51:38 AM »
oh i know this feeling to well, trust me its just anxiety i can swear by that i get alot of tingling in my arm always the left one aswell just to make me panic more, im experiencing shakes at the mo and convinced myself its a horrible disese our minds just tune us into everything possible and we think the worst here if u need to chat x
 :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share
keep calm and try to fight anxiety ;-)