Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Vision Problems?  (Read 372 times)

Offline emily1994

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Vision Problems?
« on: January 31, 2014, 10:31:12 PM »
Hi, anyone care to share their visual symptoms that have come along with anxiety or were caused by other benign conditions? Anyone experience visual trails off of moving objects? Weird spots, shaky vision, flickering lights? I've been having weird vision problems and would just like to hear anyone's experiences.

Thanks!
Bookmark and Share

Offline corwin

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Vision Problems?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 11:02:54 PM »
i have pretty chronic dry eye as well as light sensitivity and frequent eye strain that makes my vision blurry if i try to focus on something faraway. it also causes a ton of tension headaches which are annoying. but a recent eye test showed that my eyes were in tip-top shape (which literally stunned me) so i try to keep that in mind when i start getting anxious about vision symptoms!

i've also had the visual trail thing when i'm very tired, as well as the after-image if i look at something bright and then look off somewhere else. shaky vision as well! you name it, i've had it. all benign and likely caused by stress!
Bookmark and Share

Offline emily1994

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2014, 12:24:42 AM »
So you have experienced visual trails?

I noticed mine have gotten worse since I started taking Prozac. Hopefully that has something I do with it... It's worse at certain times and in different lighting. It's literally like a ghost image trailing whatever is moving and it takes a second to merge with the actual object. It's freaky...
Bookmark and Share

Offline selfdiagnose

• Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2014, 01:55:35 AM »
I have all the symptoms you are experiencing right down to the letter. Just check some of my earlier posts. I had an MRI of my brain, but it was clean. I definitely believe that it can be a psychological symptom of something. The condition is called palinopsia and according to my neurologist, doctors often can't find any physical cause for it to happen.
Bookmark and Share
"It's called the American Dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -George Carlin

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2014, 07:04:59 AM »
Various floaters that are strings, dots, smudges (black, brown or clear - see below for picture of what it looks like to read at times-I hope it comes out!) blank spots, huge rolling balls of light; I get what looks like a ceiling fan flickering in my peripheral vision.   Purple out of peripheral vision on left side (lights at night) during the day the same eye, yellow would look pink (pink school buses passing me??), blue would look green and white would look yellow.   Right eye: HUGE stationary floater that affects half the vision, when it first happened (vitreous detachment - benign, not site threatening) it caused half my vision to be black outside!  In fluorescent lighting it would be purple and flickering real bad, at night when trying to sleep it was like a big ball of steady light.  In the peripheral vision of THAT eye there is no color, just black and shades of gray.  NONE of this is anxiety related but ALL of it is benign conditions due to being very near sighted (plus I'm 55, so I had more years for things to happen)
Also bright "spermlike" thinks flickering across vision (one once in a while) - and you know what?  When you know it's nothing serious and you live with it every day you don't even notice it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline emily1994

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2014, 04:18:09 PM »
Wow, that picture you posted is what I saw a few times the other day! I was wondering what that was...
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2014, 04:50:26 PM »
All that is is a floater - you blink, it floats away and then settles back.  I had that kind years ago and it went away totally, now I have another one, but this one too is getting lighter.
Bookmark and Share

Offline emily1994

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2014, 05:00:33 PM »
Yeah, I would blink or try to look at it and it went away. It was like a big black cloud taking over my vision while looking at white things. Very strange.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Dayvid

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2014, 07:32:54 PM »
Floaters are a pain - but i ignore mine. I also like to shake my eyes (move them around quickly) it actually gets rid of the floater for a minute or so. It's like a snow globe! haha.

Also... i get migraine auras, see stars fly in and our of my vision, random, temporary camera flash after images (white spot) in my vision, possible retinal migraine...

IT's fun isn't it!
Bookmark and Share

Offline emily1994

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2014, 08:43:40 PM »
I've gotten those ocular migraines. No fun. The thing that's concerning me now are the trails/after images (palinopsia)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: