Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: anyone else super sensitive to temperature?  (Read 228 times)

Offline corwin

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
anyone else super sensitive to temperature?
« on: January 31, 2014, 02:12:01 PM »
ever since last summer i've been experiencing a lot of sensitivity to hot and cold temperatures. it feels like my body can switch between being super cold and super hot within minutes. it especially affects my hands. whenever i get a little too warm, my palms turn red and splotchy and my hands get very hot. it's like all the blood rushes to my hands all at once. this can last up to twenty minutes until they cool off. i don't think it's raynaud's syndrome since i've never gotten the blue and white stages in my hands, only red. i also get the same thing in my feet.

my mom gets the same thing in her hands and feet once they warm up but she isn't anxious about it at all. then again, she doesn't have hypochondria.  :goofy:

this is one of the "symptoms" that i've been the most obsessed with for months so some reassurance that this is a common thing would be great. even as i type this i'm feeling weirdly warm all over. if i were to get cold later on and put on a sweater, i'd be super hot again within ten minutes. not only is it nerve-wracking but it's also very annoying because i feel like my body temperature is never normal or comfortable.

another note, i don't get night sweats or anything of the sort, it feels like a very "internal" sort of heat? like it's radiating from my skin from inside my body. in fact i never sweat when this happens; if anything i feel like i don't sweat enough when i get hot like this. any ideas?
Bookmark and Share

Online Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
Re: anyone else super sensitive to temperature?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 06:10:10 PM »
Are you male or female?  If female, what is your age?
Bookmark and Share

Offline corwin

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2014, 08:56:19 PM »
i'm female, and i'm 21 years old. i think that thoroughly crosses menopause off of the list of things to worry about.  :laugh3:
Bookmark and Share

Online Sunlover

Lazy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2014, 06:31:38 AM »
Yup, that's what I was giving a thought to!  LOL!  HOWEVER...   what causes menopausal symptoms?  Hormonal imbalance, you can get a hormonal imbalance at any time. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline corwin

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2014, 07:16:12 PM »
good point! does anxiety cause hormonal imbalances? i felt it particularly bad on the day i was moving out of my house just last week; i was bustling around trying to finish some last-minute things, feeling very nervous and emotional, and then i got so hot all over that i had to open the window and sit by the cold air just to cool down. my blood pressure has always been normal so maybe it's just a stress thing?
Bookmark and Share

Online Sunlover

Lazy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2014, 07:19:57 PM »
My daughter is 26 and when she gets stressed or overwhelmed she gets really bad hot flashes.  She swears she's in early menopause! :bigsmile:
When I was in my early 20's and I'd be rushing around getting ready for work I'd have to open the bathroom window because I'd get so hot and I tend to be an overly COLD person!  So in your case rather than hormones I may opt for the stress and anxiety causing the temperature issues.
Bookmark and Share

Offline corwin

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2014, 07:46:19 PM »
thank you so much, that really does help a lot. it's weird because for a while i was overly cold and would have a hard time warming up, now it's the other way around! guess it's just anxiety switching up on me to keep grabbing my attention and making me worry. never a dull moment in the life of an anxious person, huh.  ::)
Bookmark and Share

Online Sunlover

Lazy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2014, 07:49:43 PM »
Right, never a dull moment, since August I had one thing after another (or rather THOUGHT I did!) , some would overlap and I wouldn't know which one to worry about the most!  I'm going nuts lately  :spineyes:
Bookmark and Share