Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Newbie...coming out of an episode  (Read 238 times)

Offline flyaway

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
Newbie...coming out of an episode
« on: January 31, 2014, 12:52:39 AM »
 :spineyes:

Hello, I'm brand new here.  I came across this site in one of my many internet searches relating to my anxiety.  I don't know if anyone else is like this, I have a habit of searching online, it's like I'm looking for answers I know don't exist.

I have been diagnosed as having generalised anxiety disorder.  I have moments of panic and depression.  I'm just coming out of one of these episodes now.  It's been nine days and I've barely eaten, but I've slept a lot.  I'm coming out the other end, but I did have days of feeling suicidal (called a hotline and everything...).  I would pray for death.  I'd offer myself up in place of some other worthy person who was to meet an unfortunate end.  I had made a plan *just in case* what I am afraid of comes to fruition, and how to make it look like an accident.  I hate feeling this way, and I hope to never go through that again.  It seems to run in my family, and I am lucky to have very supportive people in my life.

Someone will say something and I will trigger something in me, and all of a sudden I feel like the world is coming to an end and I am going to lose everything.  A Counselor once said to me (and I've read this elsewhere also) that the things we worry about most, when suffering anxiety, don't happen.  My wonderful brain has taken this to mean that if I don't worry, it WILL happen.

Currently taking Paxil/Paroxtine 40s and I've been prescribed 10 of Nortiptyline to boost it.  I have an AMAZING GP, he really knows his stuff, so I feel very fortunate.  I have tried counselling and I don't think it's for me.  Meditation is helpful, as is exercise, but I don't have the energy to do this lately.

Unfortunately I have been drinking daily since this latest episode started (not to the point of being drunk) as it takes the edge off.  I don't want to become dependent on alcohol.

I am currently making pro-active changes in my life, that I think will help to eliminate these triggers (there is a pattern, too paranoid to share).

Anyway, I hope to make some new friends on here. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Anxiousmind77

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Newbie...coming out of an episode
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 01:21:34 AM »
Hello! I am also new here. I haven't wrote an introduction yet tho. I'm still thinking of exactly what I want to say. Lol. just wanted to welcome you and hope you find the support you need. Good to hear that you are coming out of an episode because hey you did it! Well best wishes and take care. Ps: Anxiety sucks  :angry-smiley-034:
Bookmark and Share

Offline eva12

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2014, 03:38:43 AM »
Hello, welcome and thanks for sharing.
I'm pretty new too and hoping to find some support.
I'm currently just coming through a period of anxiety and panic..I hope..haven't eaten, can't concentrate etc.
The doc has increased my dosage so hopefully things will improve soon.
:-)
Bookmark and Share

Offline flyaway

• Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2014, 03:48:49 AM »
It's nice to know you're not alone, but at the same time I don't want anyone else to go through this!
Hope to see you around these boards/the chat :)
Take care

Yes anxiety SUCKS the big one eughghh I hate it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline nervousnelly89

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2014, 09:25:46 PM »
I used to take paxil for about a year but  did not like the side affects it gave me. I haven't been medicated in a few years now, just therapy. Im feeling as if therapy isnt working by itself and I need meds again.  The trial and error of finding correct dosages scares me. Im glad I found this site to find people to relate to. Sometimes I feel like people in , y life dont understand.
Bookmark and Share

Offline andypandy

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2014, 03:17:43 AM »
I am also new here, coming off a bad panic attack last night. It is comfoting to know I am not alone in my struggles, as my spouse just doesnt get it  and can  be unintentionally dismissive of my anxiety.
Bookmark and Share

Offline clippergoodwill

• Rec's: 12
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2014, 03:30:46 AM »
Hows the nortriptyline working for you? I use it to treat vestibular migraines, but find it keeps me awake. I take 40mg daily
Bookmark and Share

Tags: