Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Meds and cops?  (Read 384 times)

Offline Abraham2007

• Rec's: 10
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
    • Poke This Member
Re: Meds and cops?
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2014, 04:37:18 PM »
And lastly ..... My mother and aunt have both fully recovered from their teen anxiety which is similar to mine and haven't relapsed yet and their now in their 40s soo....

I think your mother is medication phobic, meaning she just doesn't want to take medication.  Being med phobic doesn't constitute as a recovery or cure for an anxiety disorder, it just means the person won't take meds.

However you've mentioned that she's a natural health practitioner in one of your Med posts.  I guess she's tried all these alternative methods to manage her anxiety disorder.   If she was fully cured, she would have chosen another profession, like accounting, which doesn't involve any study in anxiety.  My assumption for most people in a healing profession is that they have also have a very similiar health condition. Due to that health condition, it motivates their desire to be in that profession to maintain their own health condition, like anxiety.  If they felt cured, they would leave the profession, and choose something else.

I know I don't know your mother, and I don't mean to be critical about her.  I've just noticed that people in health professions always have health conditions like their patients.

For example, you'll note the average accountant's doesn't really have high anxiety concerns, as does a natural health provider.  That accountant doesn't keep up with all these methods to control their anxiety, like reading books or going to workshops, because they're probably not anxious.  That's because a typical accountant doesn't have a brain problem, so they don't need medication or alternative therapy to alleviate it.   They just focus on numbers without worrying about mental health, because there is no problem with their brain.

For your grandmother, hasn't she bee on medication to control her anxiety?

And .... when I say "under control," I am saying the medication keeps my anxiety disorder under control, or specifically it helps my brain recuperate itself, since my brain doesn't produce enough brain cells to support my hippocampus properly.  So like a diabetic injects insulin prior to eating, I take medication for my brain, to control it's abnormal development in the hippocampus, which if not properly medicated, produces prolonged anxiety.
Bookmark and Share
Quacks prey on us Anxiety Disorder sufferers as part of the Mental Health community, since we can be desperate for healing.  Don't be victimized, instead be EDUCATED about  QUACKERY!!!!! http://www.quackwatch.com/ 

Offline chris1234

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2014, 04:50:53 PM »
  I mean I consider living a normal happy life recovery ... Obviously there's no cure the human mind has a memory things will always come back but that's life... I think u were getting just a little too scientific for me no offense ... My mother said she is actually happy she suffered for years like she did because she learned a lot and now lives life in a happier more appreciative way
Bookmark and Share

Offline Abraham2007

• Rec's: 10
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2014, 05:15:00 PM »
Sorry.  I should condense things, prior to hitting post, to get to a point.  I don't mean to psychoanalyze anyone, just based on my assumptions in life.   Again no offense to your Mom, especially since I don't even know her.

Everyone has a different standard of happiness.  I maybe pushing my medication standard on to you, unintentionally.  As you are well aware, I'm pro-medication.  However everyone is different about meds and how they manage a health condition, like an anxiety disorder.  So others don't take meds, and are fine with that too.

Whether or not you take meds for the long run, just do it because you want too.  I just gave you my view of it, so take what you like and relate too, but definitely spit the rest out.  :P

Just don't let other people opinion's sway your choice to be on antidepressants, if you need to be. 
Bookmark and Share
Quacks prey on us Anxiety Disorder sufferers as part of the Mental Health community, since we can be desperate for healing.  Don't be victimized, instead be EDUCATED about  QUACKERY!!!!! http://www.quackwatch.com/ 

Offline chris1234

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2014, 05:52:38 PM »
I am very pro medication .... As I said my aunt and uncle have been On anti depressants for a while now ... My mom is just skeptical because she doesn't like the effects they have on the body which I could care less about ... I've just been programmed with this anxiety and depression for two years now that it's not gonna be an easy road back which sucks ... I may never be the same person I was before all of this but that sure as hell doesn't mean I can't become happy again in my eyes ... When I take a xanax yeah it calms me down but all my problems are still there... I would imagine antidepressants trigger more of the thought process healing, and uplifting more than a xanax that just calms you down for a little while, I'm just so sick of dealing with all this , but in my eyes I need an antidepressant because my thought pattern is the stem of it all
Bookmark and Share

Tags:

anything