Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Just getting worse  (Read 225 times)

Offline Taurus4

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Just getting worse
« on: January 29, 2014, 10:09:59 PM »
I know I made a post about this a couple weeks ago but I feel like I just keep getting worse and I'm not really sure what to do anymore. The colon cancer fear is so real I can not even rationalize that it's something less serious. My BMs are still completely abnormal even after following the doctor's orders of daily metamucil. And I'm now going days at a time without going or really feeling like I have to go. I have no appetite and am hardly able to eat. The  scale is getting lower everyday. I have never just "dropped weight" like this before. Not wanting to eat has never been an anxiety symptom I've suffered from after dealing with it for probably most of my life. I know I need to make an appointment to see my doctor again but now I'm just nervous because I can't see it turning out to be anything not serious. It just sucks.
Bookmark and Share

Offline ceh1354

• Rec's: 7
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
    • Poke This Member
Re: Just getting worse
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 11:20:10 PM »
I can completely relate to you, so let me try to give a bit of comfort.
It was the same for me a few years back. Same fear- colon cancer. It got to the point where I was literally paralyzed with fear one day and ended up in urgent care. Like you, I had never gotten to the point where I was losing weight daily due to lack of appetite and not eating. This had never happened before, this HAD to be cancer this time. What else could it be?
Guess what, it wasn't. Your anxiety CAN get that bad where you will convince yourself you are sick, and in a way, you make yourself sick (though not with cancer).
And as long as your anxiety is in this heightened state, your poo is not going to get better either.
Bookmark and Share
Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devilís schemes. Ephesians 6:11

Offline Taurus4

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 11:49:59 PM »
Thanks for your response. I am freaking myself out so bad. I can't stop googling and reading symptoms and stories of young people who were diagnosed with CC. Some of the things I'm experiencing match these symptoms exactly. I know this is no way to live but I feel like I am so past the point of being rational about this. Going to call my doctor tomorrow.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 16
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2014, 05:41:56 AM »
I suffered with anxiety since I was a child, and only once did I get so bad that I dropped 25 pounds in 1 month (and that for ME was almost 20% of my body weight! That was in 2002)  I am 55, so that was many years of anxiety and only once had the weight drop like that.  So depending on how bad you are worried, that will happen.  And of course you are losing weight eating less.  When they talk about cancer and "unexplained weight loss" - they mean just that, "unexplained"  eating less is an explanation.

Googling is the WORST thing you can do.  I know, I do it and am right now in the throes of MS googling (when my rational brain keeps TELLLING me that it's menopausal symptoms!), 2 months ago it was tonsil cancer googling, 2 months before that was colon cancer...  it can drive you mad.  I am told NOT to google!!  But I can't help it!  I think, "OK just one more time, I KNOW this will make me feel better... but it never does, I find bad things!"  Then to test it my daughter said that her feet were cold and were the same temperature as the cold hardwood floor because she could hardly feel the floor under her feet - so for fun I googled, "Can't feel floor under feet" and the first site that came up was "Diabetic nueropathy"  she does NOT have diabetes!  I did this to prove something to myself - that whatever you google you'll come up with something bad.
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2014, 07:40:38 AM »
I would consult with your physician and be very specific about your
symptoms and concerns.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline Taurus4

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2014, 05:36:22 PM »
I totally hear what you're saying about googling. I've had the discussion with my doctor before and he scolded me about it saying that no matter what you look it up you'll always find a terrible illness that resembles your symptoms. It's such a terrible habit.
And I know I have to make another doctor's appointment but I feel like I'm becoming the girl who cried wolf. I've already went through the intensive testing when I thought I had a brain tumor and when it turned out to be absolutely nothing but anxiety my family pretty much writes off all of my physical symptoms as anxiety now. I just feel like something is actually wrong since these symptoms have been pretty constant for a while now.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: