Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Upping my lexapro  (Read 342 times)

Offline AncientMelody

• Rec's: 21
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Upping my lexapro
« on: January 29, 2014, 07:21:44 PM »
So after having my best week yet in the beginning of January, things tanked around the 9th of the month, probably hormone related. I leveled off after a week, but things have been going downhill again this week. This month the depression symptoms predominate vs. the anxiety.....though the anxiety is still there. It's weird, I had a very good response to lexapro, but it feels like I haven't even been taking it these last three weeks. So when I saw my psychiatrist today she increased me from 10 mg to 15 mg. I've not had any history really of Seasonal Affective Disorder, but I'm going to be getting a light therapy box to see if that will help too.
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

• Rec's: 125
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
Re: Upping my lexapro
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 09:47:53 PM »
So when I saw my psychiatrist today she increased me from 10 mg to 15 mg.

It's disappointing when an antidepressant works well for a while and then everything seems to fall into a hole. The higher dose may be all that is needed. If not, adding a small Buspar (buspirone) dose could make a big difference.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all suggestions are general in nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Offline AncientMelody

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 02:33:22 PM »
Thanks Ian, I appreciate your thoughts.  Dealing with some anxiety due to the dosage increase, which I'm not surprised but also didn't completely expect because I had none during start up or the first dose increase. Oh well, this too shall pass  ;*)
Bookmark and Share

Offline AncientMelody

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2014, 07:53:42 AM »
Oh, I meant to ask: Ian or anyone else. How long does it usually take to benefit from dose increase? Should have asked my psychiatrist but I forgot.
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

• Rec's: 125
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2014, 03:54:29 PM »
Oh, I meant to ask: Ian or anyone else. How long does it usually take to benefit from dose increase? Should have asked my psychiatrist but I forgot.

Usually less time than the initial wait, but it's not immediate, though the side-effects may be. Around 2-6 weeks, however, as with everything about antidepressants, YMMV.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all suggestions are general in nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Tags:

anything