Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Upping my lexapro  (Read 191 times)

Offline AncientMelody

• Rec's: 15
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Upping my lexapro
« on: January 29, 2014, 07:21:44 PM »
So after having my best week yet in the beginning of January, things tanked around the 9th of the month, probably hormone related. I leveled off after a week, but things have been going downhill again this week. This month the depression symptoms predominate vs. the anxiety.....though the anxiety is still there. It's weird, I had a very good response to lexapro, but it feels like I haven't even been taking it these last three weeks. So when I saw my psychiatrist today she increased me from 10 mg to 15 mg. I've not had any history really of Seasonal Affective Disorder, but I'm going to be getting a light therapy box to see if that will help too.
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

• Rec's: 90
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
Re: Upping my lexapro
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 09:47:53 PM »
So when I saw my psychiatrist today she increased me from 10 mg to 15 mg.

It's disappointing when an antidepressant works well for a while and then everything seems to fall into a hole. The higher dose may be all that is needed. If not, adding a small Buspar (buspirone) dose could make a big difference.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Offline AncientMelody

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 02:33:22 PM »
Thanks Ian, I appreciate your thoughts.  Dealing with some anxiety due to the dosage increase, which I'm not surprised but also didn't completely expect because I had none during start up or the first dose increase. Oh well, this too shall pass  ;*)
Bookmark and Share

Offline AncientMelody

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2014, 07:53:42 AM »
Oh, I meant to ask: Ian or anyone else. How long does it usually take to benefit from dose increase? Should have asked my psychiatrist but I forgot.
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

• Rec's: 90
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2014, 03:54:29 PM »
Oh, I meant to ask: Ian or anyone else. How long does it usually take to benefit from dose increase? Should have asked my psychiatrist but I forgot.

Usually less time than the initial wait, but it's not immediate, though the side-effects may be. Around 2-6 weeks, however, as with everything about antidepressants, YMMV.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Tags: