Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Skin truble  (Read 128 times)

Offline Rapzjan

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Skin truble
« on: January 29, 2014, 02:58:30 PM »
Thanks to this forum my uti trouble has settled...but am back again with skin this time. For armd 6 years now I've had this red bump pimple sized on my back on the side. When irritated it develops a scab and comes n goes. Suddenly last few days I have developed this phobia that this might be skin cancer. Someone pls help me...has anyone seen anything like this,...I don't want to visit the doc...scared of what dye might say...pls pls help me
Bookmark and Share

Offline Rapzjan

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Skin truble
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 12:58:55 PM »
Guys pls pls help me....am going mad
Bookmark and Share

Offline NytViolet

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 01:29:53 PM »
There are a few things to consider.  Are the borders even (is it round, or does it have a weird shape)?  Is it smaller than the eraser ona pencil?  If the edges/borders are symmetrical, and the size is smaller than an eraser, its most likely a benign nevus.  They can become irritated if yon pick at them, and even seem a bit inflamed at times due to hormones, irritation, etc.  If it begins getting larger, or contains several colors (e.g, pink, black, blue), or if the borders are jagged, its more worrisome.  This thing has basically remained about the same for 6 years?  That's great news!  It doesn't sound like a malignancy at all.  Just occasionally check to make sure that 1. No increase in size, 2. Smooth, even border, 3. No weird color changes 4. No bleeding (unless you pick at it).  You'll be fine but see a dermatologist if its annoying you and have it removed.  Hugs!
Bookmark and Share
God does not give us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

Offline Rapzjan

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2014, 01:44:20 PM »
Thanks nytviolet it is much smaller than a pencil eraser...I knw I shuld see a dermi but am so scared of what he might find that I refuse to go...but thanks a ton....
Bookmark and Share

Offline NytViolet

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2014, 02:13:56 PM »
No problem...if it was a malignancy, it would have grown in six years, dontcha think?!  Although I'm certain its nothing, the next time you see a doctor (for any reason) have him/her take a glance.  They'll prolly say "nothing to fret about".  Now go have a fabulous day.
Bookmark and Share
God does not give us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

Offline MOchp

• Anxiety Magnet
  • Rec's: 6
  • Mood: Cold
    Cold
  • Living in Fear of My Own Body
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2014, 02:23:18 PM »
I want to point out that just the fact that it comes and goes, and gets better or worse makes it not likely to be anything serious. If it was then it would just keep getting worse, not go back and forth. Also the amount of time you have had it makes it most likely nothing serious as well. It doesn't hurt to ask a doctor though, even if only for peace of mind.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Rapzjan

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2014, 03:48:47 PM »
Thank u thank u so much....this constant worrying abt health has me mad...the last one year I have been going crazy....if it's not skin it's throat...heart...an ache here...just feel so helpless
Bookmark and Share

Tags: skin