Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: It's just gas. Or is it.  (Read 210 times)

Offline Lo213

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
It's just gas. Or is it.
« on: January 29, 2014, 10:20:43 AM »
I've been trying so hard to believe that my chest, back, shoulder, jaw, and arm pains are from gas. Sometimes I burp for hours at a time. But then my stupid anxiety screams NO ITS A HEART ATTACK! I can't take it much longer. I've been fighting going to the ER for days but I get closer and closer to giving in. The jaw pain especially worries me because it's not consist and with gas. And hours of burping doesn't make it go away, not does gas x or any other stomach medications.
Bookmark and Share

Offline japheree

• Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: It's just gas. Or is it.
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 10:22:47 AM »
I have jaw pain right now, plus I am a bit gassy and have been for months. Jaw pain is 100% tension for me. Gassiness is the usual messed up GI system that anxiety people have most likely :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lo213

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2014, 10:35:27 AM »
I'd be more inclined to attribute my jaw pain to tension if it felt sore or tender. But instead it feels like a deep ache coming from the bone. So I fear it's referred pain from my heart. And it's the same wth all my other pains. I can never touch the pain or even move in any position to make it better or worse. So it's not muscular.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lo213

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2014, 11:51:50 AM »
Can anyone relate with these kinds of pains?  I'm so tired of living in fear, but I don't want to be the person who writes off pains as something else only to be wrong and suffer extensive heart damage or death because I don't get help in time.
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 65
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2014, 02:16:41 PM »
Maybe TMJ. Heart disease is much more unlikely in premenopausal women.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline RCB127

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2014, 05:13:36 PM »
I just recently went through the same exact thing and finally did end up going to the ER and everything was fine. All the tests came back normal and my chest xray was clean. Do you by chance try to keep taking really deep breaths? Is your chest sore to the touch? I was told I was having really bad muscle spasms. But I was having the same pains as you..minus the burping. So it is likely that it's muscular. Or could be bad reflex/heartburn I get that too.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lo213

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2014, 05:20:46 PM »
My jaw pain does not fit any description of TMJ. There's no pain when chewing, no jaw clicking, no soreness or tenderness in any of my muscles. And the pain only lasts for up to an hour at a time.

And my chest is not sore to the touch. Nothing on my body is. Believe me, I've tried hard to find a sore spot. Which is why I'm convinced it's referred pain from somewhere in my body.
Bookmark and Share

Tags:

anything