Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: pain everywhere  (Read 185 times)

Offline mrdave92

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
pain everywhere
« on: January 29, 2014, 06:17:03 AM »
In addition to my most troubling symptoms (headache and dizziness) I experience pain all over my body. I get pains in my hands, arms, thighs, shins, feet, fingers, ears, literally everywhere, they're fleeting pains that come and go which makes me hope it's nothing serious and I've had blood tests come back clear. Can these pains really be a result of stress and anxiety? I understand that in an anxious and over sensitised state we're more alert to every niggle and pain but I'm definitely experiencing many more pains than I ever have in the past
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
Re: pain everywhere
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 06:25:00 AM »
We can get all sorts of pains with anxiety. We tend to tense up a lot of the time. That can cause us pain. From head to toe and back again. But you done the right thing. Have some tests done. Just to be sure. Put your mind at ease. I think we have all had various pains at one time or another with our anxiety.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline mrdave92

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2014, 06:39:01 AM »
Yeah mine just seem to be constantly moving around my body like now there's one in my knuckle then a burning feeling on my lip then a pain in my ankle and a burning around my eye along with muscle twitches, it's so annoying. I've been anxious for so long that even now when I'm not anxious all the symptoms are still there. I have IBS which I've heard can cause joint pain but surely not to this extent. I've had blood tests, lymph nodes checked, optic nerve checked, neurological tests, but no MRI as doctors don't think my symptoms point to a brain tumour or ms at the moment although I'm convinced I have a brain tumour. So frustrating
Bookmark and Share

Offline kjoyce

• Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2014, 11:22:25 AM »
All those pains are DEFINITELY just your anxiety! Last year, when my anxiety was at it's worst, I had pains under my arms, in my arms, legs, fingers and neck. I was convinced it was lymphoma. After several blood tests and weeks of worrying I finally accepted that I don't have lymphoma and all my pains went away overnight....
Please, try not to worry! I read a great book "It's not all in your head" that helped me a lot! Maybe you should give it a try too??
Bookmark and Share
If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing to do is stop digging.

Offline inksie

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Excuuuuse me, Princess!
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2014, 11:31:23 AM »
I have pains pretty much all over my body too!! My arms, abdomen, legs, breasts sometimes, hands and my back. I haven't had any tests as of yet but I know that some people do suffer from this symptoms too randomly. I'm just putting this all down to anxiety because I believe all of my dull/sharp pains had started when I first was fearing that I had some fatal disease. I really wouldn't worry too much about it!
Bookmark and Share
Video games help me forget about my troubled HA.

"The flow of time is always cruel... Its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it... A thing that doesn't change with time is a memory of younger days..." - Sheik.

Tags: