Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Can't escape work  (Read 173 times)

Offline Gayandgray

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Can't escape work
« on: January 28, 2014, 10:53:46 PM »
 :sprachlos020: Why is it I can be having a great day off  but a couple hours before bed I start stressing about going back to work tomorrow and I get extreme anxiety??? Upset stomach, racing heart, and if the weather is bad, then forget it I'm up all night in agony. It's like I can't really enjoy my days off  because work is always wording me. Anybody else relate?
Bookmark and Share

Online kconnors

• Rec's: 57
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Can't escape work
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 11:10:48 PM »
Hi,

What's going on at work? There is such a thing as anticipatory anxiety where you anticipate a whole bunch of what if scenarios and get yourself tied up in anxiety . . . .do you know why work is an issue? I know that weather is an issue at times especially if it is bad . . . I worry about how I will get to work if there is too much snow; how I will get home, etc. until I realize, I will do the best I can and that's all I can do . . . perhaps you need to look at what is going on at work . . . .let us know if we can help out if you feel comfortable giving us more info . . .take care, kc
Bookmark and Share

Offline Teran

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 11:14:45 PM »
I do not get anticipatory anxiety over work, but I do get it over my classes.  I find that even when I have a day off, or it is the weekend I am worrying about what my next assignment is, or what I got on the test I took. It causes me to have issues falling asleep  and then when I do sleep I wake up in full painc mode. I have gotten to the point where I take a xanax just to calm down to be able to do class work.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Gayandgray

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2014, 11:52:28 PM »
I work in a high stress job and I actually used to thrive on the stress! I used to love my job, but now I'm always anxious and afraid of messing up. I'm almost paranoid that the younger people they are hiring will replace me. I'm feeling like maybe I'm having a mid life crisis or something? Like I need to simplify my life and just get a nice, easy, low stress job where I don't have to deal with too many people. When I was younger the snow and stuff never bothered me much but now I stress so much with bad weather. As soon as I get my insurance I'm going to a doc who can maybe help me?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kissa

• Rec's: 1
  • I don't remember what calm and relaxed is...
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2014, 11:59:56 PM »
I do this same, exact thing... and it seems like the more days off the higher the anxiety of going back.
Bookmark and Share
Just because I understand an acknowledge what I am worrying about is silly, doesn't mean I'm able to stop worrying about it.
~One Breath at a Time~

Offline Laura48310

• Mood: Depressed
    Depressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2014, 12:48:24 PM »
Omg I can so relate to this. I do this all the time every Sunday night i worry about Mondays work day. It sucks so bad!  :(
Bookmark and Share

Tags: