Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: My symptoms...just anxiety?  (Read 137 times)

Offline sally1959

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
My symptoms...just anxiety?
« on: January 28, 2014, 07:42:06 PM »
Hi, I'm new here. I have a lot of symptoms of anxiety which I'm beginning to attend therapy for. With the new semester, my panic attacks have been debilitating and I'm feeling really alone.

Besides the symptoms I know are anxiety (headaches, loss of appetite + weight loss, depersonalization), I have a few other symptoms that I was hoping others with anxiety could help me with. Trying to tell normal people about these symptoms, and googling them/asking about them on non-anxiety websites, has spiraled me into a panic attack right now, because everyone always says vague things like, "maybe you should go to a doctor" or, "that sounds weird/not normal," which is the worst thing you can say to someone with anxiety. I'm honestly getting frustrated. It's like as soon as I convince myself I'm worried over nothing, I google a symptom and someone says, "I had that exact symptom and now I have cancer."

So, are these symptoms normal, from the perspective of others with anxiety, or are they concerning even to those with anxiety?

First, deja vu. I seem to get deja vu more frequently than what used to be normal for me, before the anxiety (which started a year and a half ago). It's a very subtle deja vu, that sort of lingers throughout the day, some days it's there and some not, tends to spike with academic stress.

Second, memory problems. You know how you see an actor and you're like, "Where is he from?!" and you have to IMDb it? That sort of thing has happened to me a lot (not just with actors) since getting anxiety, a lot more than what I think is normal.

Third, light sensitivity in one eye. I don't notice a huge problem with vision, but my right eye is more sensitive to light than my left. Also the prescription is higher in that eye.

Fourth and finally, mild muscle twitching, especially in legs, especially when I'm cold (which I also seem to be cold when others aren't...)

These are the symptoms that I can't decide are normal, or anxiety.

I have a swollen lymph node on my neck that has been this way since August. As long as it's there, it's like constant, mild anxiety, even on my good days, the lymph node is always there and it sucks. I just wish it would go away. My doctor has been keeping an eye on it. She thinks it's a symptom of the acne on my neck (which also started when my anxiety started :/). Blood tests have all come back normal, though.

Sorry about how long this post is. I'm trying to type very calmly but truthfully I am having such an awful panic attack right now, I feel like I might pass out. I hate this anxiety disorder. I want to crawl into a hole and cry. Sometimes I think I will never get better.
Bookmark and Share

Online BuzzBee1

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 9
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: My symptoms...just anxiety?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 10:23:04 PM »
Hi sally,

Welcome to the forum.  You are now a member of our community, where you will find support and advice from other members in similar situations.   It's always nice to find someone else who understands, and to know you're not alone.

We have sections in the forum that address specific concerns, so feel free to post or start a new topic in the section that best fits your situation.  Feel free to explore the rest of the forum.  You may find the other topics helpful, and you may be able to offer advice or support to someone else.

We also have a chat room for members over the age of 18.  Once you have made three meaningful posts, you will be allowed access to the chat room.

Sally, my first bit of advice to you is to NEVER google symptoms.  This is the worst thing a person with anxiety can do.  Even though there are a million minor things your symptom could indicate, Google will always show you the worst case scenario.  Second, in my time here at AZ, I have found that anxiety can cause ANY kind of symptom.  Many people with HA, or Health Anxiety, will find out about a symptom and before the day is over, they will have it.  You will find many people here who will be able to offer advice and comfort.

Good luck to you, and again, welcome to AZ.

Buzzy
Bookmark and Share

Tags: