Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Lymphoma fears are out of control!  (Read 679 times)

Offline Brooke2288

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Lymphoma fears are out of control!
« on: January 28, 2014, 06:30:04 PM »
I feel a lot of lumpy structures in my groin and it's freaking me out. I have been rubbing the area a lot lately so I'm not sure If I have made them larger or not. I swear some of what I'm feeling has to be lymph nodes! I'm also about 28 weeks pregnant with twins so could these be something else like fatty deposits? I just had a CBC done a couple days ago at my OB appointment and everything came back normal. Should that be a good sign that I don't have lymphoma? I've heard conflicting things about blood work and lymphoma. Something surely would have been off if it were lymphoma, right?  :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline Brooke2288

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Lymphoma fears are out of control!
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 10:26:18 PM »
anyone?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Brooke2288

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2014, 04:27:46 PM »
Just wanted to bump this because I'm really needing some advice please....
Bookmark and Share

Offline skywizzard

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2014, 04:41:05 PM »
Hey there :) Lymph nodes in the inguinal a.k.a. the groin can be palpated in healthy individuals, anything not exceeding 2cm is not particularly worrisome. I myself could palpate a lymph node in my groin a few years ago and to make things worse backthen i had a few drenching night sweats, needless to say i was worried sick and my doctor wasn't concerned at all. And i'm still alive so i guess it wasn't malignant. Try to relax :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline hachiko

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2014, 07:16:27 PM »
So i felt my groin area and i can feel some lumpy structures :) if your ob said everything is normal, i wouldn't worry. Especially since you are pregnant; if she was a little bit worried, she would tell you so! So relax and enjoy your pregnancy!! though i understand it can be hard to do.. i have a four months old girl and i couldn't stop being anxious when i was pregnant.. and now!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Brooke2288

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2014, 10:22:58 PM »
Do you think if I had lymphoma that something would be off in my blood work? My doctor ordered the CBC, liver and kidney function, etc. because he was checking for preeclampsia. He even had it sent to the hospital and not just the OB office lab for extensive testing. All came back normal but I'm still worried!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Brooke2288

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2014, 06:31:39 PM »
Do you think if I had lymphoma that something would be off in my blood work? My doctor ordered the CBC, liver and kidney function, etc. because he was checking for preeclampsia. He even had it sent to the hospital and not just the OB office lab for extensive testing. All came back normal but I'm still worried!
Bookmark and Share

Offline hachiko

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2014, 07:17:32 PM »
probably.. but i am not sure since i saw in other posts that lymphoma does not show up in blood test. But let's be rational.. why are you so afraid of lymphoma? because of the lumps you feel in the groins? A week ago, i went to the doctor for a lump in the neck and i told him about my lymphoma fears. He told me that usually lymphoma comes with the B-symptoms (fever, night sweats, losing weight). You don't have lymphoma just because you can feel some lumps in the groins. Stop touching them :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Brick5711

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2014, 07:23:10 PM »
I think you should read the previous answers to your other posts about this. This is very unhealthy for your prgnancy as I mentioned before. If you are this worried you need to speak to your doctor. Get an ultrasound of your lymphnodes or something.  Not because of the lyphoma but because you WILL cause early labor. You think you are worried now, imagine how worried you will be if your babies are born next week.
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 65
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2014, 09:43:05 PM »
My daughters friend had Hodgkins Lymphoma around 5 years ago and is fine now. His two
main symptoms were severe weight loss and severe joint pain.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline Brooke2288

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2014, 05:08:44 PM »
Thanks hachiko. I don't have any of the B symptoms, just some minor itching sometimes but I'm pretty sure that's because I'm pregnant. It seems like I keep feeling more and more nodes in my groin every day, but I also can't stop touching them so I think I'm making them swell. The rational side of me is saying that if I had lymphoma, surely my OB doctor would have suspected something by now don't you think? Being pregnant with twins, I have had a lot of tests done, including blood work, ultrasounds, and some physical examinations..... ::)
Bookmark and Share

Offline hachiko

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2014, 09:37:10 PM »
Of course she would have picked up something! Did she feel the lymph nodes? if you keep touching them, they will get bigger and you will feel them more and more. Plus, the more you think about something, like lymph nodes, the more your brain will make you think of it. You should try something: give yourself 15 minutes a day where you can touch the lymph nodes as much as you would like and worry about them, but then you cannot touch them the rest of the day! It will take some time, you won't get it right the first time. But this is what i do when i get really worried about a symptom.

And.. you need to enjoy being pregnant. Don't miss out on it just because you are afraid. I know what you are going through. I have a four months old, i used to be paranoid during the pregnancy and found lumps all over my body...

Take care of you little ones, they need a happy mommy :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline hamsterswheel

• Rec's: 8
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2014, 12:55:46 AM »
The thing blood tests and lymphoma is that there is no blood test specifically for lymphoma.

I.e if you have a suspected iron deficiency they doctor will run blood count and ferritin etc. then if it is off you are diagnosed with anemia. Or there are tests with are specifically for the liver or ones for the pancreas etc etc.

But what it would normally show of someone had lymphoma is that there would be irregularities in ther blood work prompting a doctor to do further testing. There are a few blood tests which of lymphoma is suspected can help narrow things down.

My sister is a nurse and says when they receive a patient in complaining of say chest pain. They run bloods and from the bloods can get an overal picture. She said that when thigs come back off it prompts them to do further specific blood tests etc.

I also saw a haematologist in the summer who ran these detail blood work. I think one was LDH, the other CRP and the other one the name escapes me! But I said same thing to her and aske what were the chances something wouldn't show up and she said 'that would be very very very rare'.

Doctors don't mess about particularly when you are pregnant. My own gp told me that I'd I had had lymphoma when I was pregnant then I would have been very very ill as my body would not have been able to cope. You have two babies so the fact you are well is perfect.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Brooke2288

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2014, 10:39:53 PM »
Thank you Hamsterwheel! Your post made me feel a lot better. I guess it makes sense that if I had lymphoma while pregnant with twins that I would be feeling pretty sick. That would be a whole lot for my body to go through at once.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: