Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Tingling, weird feeling in back of head  (Read 211 times)

Offline Rose22

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Tingling, weird feeling in back of head
« on: January 28, 2014, 01:36:17 PM »
Hi everyone,

I'm really at breaking point right now. I've had this weird feeling in my head for about 3 months. The best way to describe it is tingly, like my hair is being pulled, tight pressure - there are tender spots a few inches above my ears. It's on the left side but at times migrates to the right as well. I've been to my dr so many times he just shrugs it off says its nerve damage and itl go away - well it hasn't. I went to er because I had a panic attack about it they did a ct scan which came back normal. This was a relief but nothing's changes. My mum seemed to think it was maybe neuralgia so I booked some massage therapy - 170$ later and two hour long massages it's no better. I do have some pain in the base of my head/neck and it seems to click when I turn it a certain way. I've had numerous blood tests which have been fine and my blood pressure and all that stuff is fine. But this is ruining my life I'm missing university classes, work just wanna lie in bed all day because when I lie on the area it isn't as noticeable. I've permanently got a heating pad on my neck to see if that does anything: it's hard to say if it even does. I don't know what to do. I feel like drs don't care and won't help
Me but I can't live my life like this. I'm only 22. I really hope someone can give me some insight.
Thank you
Bookmark and Share

Offline Jen0721

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Tingling, weird feeling in back of head
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 09:38:28 PM »
Hi Rose,

I'm so sorry to hear about your struggles.  I can certainly sympathize.  It sounds like we are in the same boat.  For three months, everytime I turn my head to the left, it clicks.  I have experienced a tingling sensation over the left side of my scalp - like hair standing on end when you get goosebumps; very mild headaches; pressure in my ears -like flying in a plane; and a bit of dizziness. I began seeing a chiropractor and physical therapist...b/c my regular doc seems to say everything I have is a virus. Anyways, They are helping to strengthen my neck, and know for sure that it is related to the ligament at the top of my spine.  Since, I started seeing them, the noise is not as loud.  Apparently, when one is extremely stressed, your neck muscels can spasm, which pulls on the spine and jaw.  If you elect to use a chiropractor, be sure they are highly recommended and that they take an X-ray before working on you.  My chiropractor did say that it will take a while to correct the problem...but like I said, I'm already noticing a difference four visits in.  Good luck to you :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Rose22

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Tingling, weird feeling in back of head
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 10:31:39 PM »
Thank you for your response. It's reassuring that there are others out there experiencing what I am. I've heard so many people say chiropractors do more harm than good so I'm a little hesitant.  I'm going back to my dr and hopefully he will refer me for an x ray as I haven't had one yet. I'm glad you have had success and feel
Better
Bookmark and Share

Tags: