Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Hellllllo from NZ  (Read 81 times)

Offline Odies91

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hellllllo from NZ
« on: January 28, 2014, 01:37:34 AM »
Hi There

I am from NZ, I have always suffered from depression on and off since I was about 14. After some trouble with a couple of people I thought were my best friends, I have spiralled in to some pretty severe anxiety issues.

I have trouble having conversations with people, afterwards I can only think about the things I have done wrong and how I might have offended them. I then get so convinced that I have done something horrible I am to shy to speak to them again. It's hard because I come across very bubbly and happy, but no one knows how much effort it takes to get out of bed, the fear of offending someone that day.. Just not wanting to deal with anyone because I am so scared of it just going terribly. I have trouble sleeping because all I do is think over everything I have done, and how I did it wrong. It's all consuming and ends up in a lot of self hate.

I hope that isn't all depressing, it is nice to be able to write it down and start the journey to getting better  :spineyes:
Bookmark and Share

Online crikee57

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 68
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Hellllllo from NZ
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 02:24:50 AM »
Hi Odies,

Welcome to the forum.  It is great to have you as a member.  This is a wonderful place to get advice and support from people going through similar situations.  The members here are very helpful. It is nice to know we are not alone.

Feel free to explore the forum.  There are lots of useful topics to read.  Feel free to post and ask questions.  If you have specific concerns or questions start a topic in the appropriate section to get the best feedback. There is also a chat room for members 18 years and older that you can access once you have made three meaningful posts in the forum. 

It was interesting reading your introduction, because I also analyze everything I say during certain social interactions fearing that I may have upset someone or also my fear is talking too much and being a bother.  Therapy has helped me loosen these fears to an extent, but it is still common for me to worry for hours after dinner with friends or a difficult business meeting etc.  The key is to not let this stop you from interacting with people.  If you avoid, the issue will only get worse.  Hope you are able to find some answers and support here.

Again welcome to our community.
Bookmark and Share
It's not what's in front of us that stops us.  It's what's inside that holds us back.

Tags:

anything