Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: New from Iowa  (Read 82 times)

Offline Louise89

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
New from Iowa
« on: January 27, 2014, 11:02:24 PM »
I guess I'm suppose to say a little bit about myself. I'm 25 years old and I have had anxiety since I was a child, I have also been diagnosed with agoraphobia. I have been living away from "home" and my family for the past 4 years. During this time I have stopped working an outside job and keep isolated in my house. I am worried about what being alone all the time and not talking to anyone is doing to my mental health. I feel I need to start pushing myself more to seek help. I can't handle talking to people face to face and even on the internet it's not much better. I've joined sites like this before but I tend to get too much anxiety to even post. I'm hoping I can do better this time.
Bookmark and Share

Offline BuzzBee1

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 9
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: New from Iowa
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 11:23:39 PM »
Hi Louise,

Welcome to the forum.  You are now a member of our community, where you will find support and advice from other members in similar situations.   It's always nice to find someone else who understands, and to know you're not alone.

We have sections in the forum that address specific concerns, so feel free to post or start a new topic in the section that best fits your situation.  Feel free to explore the rest of the forum.  You may find the other topics helpful, and you may be able to offer advice or support to someone else.

We also have a chat room for members over the age of 18.  Once you have made three meaningful posts, you will be allowed access to the chat room.

Louise, I hope you'll feel comfortable here and be able to visit us in chat.  If you're spending so much time alone, it will be good for you to talk to us.  Even if you can't chat, at least log in and watch for a bit.  Maybe you'll feel comfortable after a bit, and be able to talk to us.  Remember, we're all here because of anxiety, so you're not alone.

Good luck to you, and again, welcome to AZ.

Buzzy
Bookmark and Share

Tags: