Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Why isn't hypochondria considered a type of OCD?  (Read 528 times)

Offline firebird3428

• Rec's: 1
  • I will overcome this some day!
    • Poke This Member
Re: Why isn't hypochondria considered a type of OCD?
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2014, 01:03:50 AM »
@BeeDot right now I've been thinking about getting an MBA and going into music business/marketing, or going for music law. I'm not completely sure yet though haha.

@ScaredofSymptoms I feel like I have OCD too because of the other obsessive thoughts and compulsions I get unrelated to HA. I think I'm going to ask my professors about it because many people with HA have these symptoms.
Bookmark and Share
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.
-Benjamin Franklin

Offline Hypo84

• Rec's: 17
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2014, 03:28:12 AM »
What my therapist is that I have hypochondria with elements of OCD (need to google, check symptoms), but not classic OCD, just ha related which is true.
Bookmark and Share

Offline livelaughlove

• Rec's: 9
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2014, 05:39:53 AM »
I agree hypochondriasis is like a mix of somatoform disorder and OCD. Obsessing about what ails you, compulsive about nonstop thoughts about it and nonstop googling... it's like an addiction. I think it's just people with OCD have a more heightened awareness of touch and environment; it's like the adrenaline is more amped up in them. LIke the "go" button is always ready to react. Why, I don't know but wish i did know. It must be some sort of subliminal dealing mechanism or gratification or approval behaviour or something
Bookmark and Share

Offline BeeDot

• Rec's: 6
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2014, 10:56:39 PM »
Firebird, sounds neat!  I work in film and have been working with a lady recently who does, not music law, but entertainment law.  It's pretty interesting!

Has anyone tried OCD treatment for their health anxiety?  Aren't there medications specifically for OCD?
Bookmark and Share
For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe.  -Author Unknown

Tags: