Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: I think I am dying, and I have an ultrasound tom....it wasn't a UTI?!  (Read 204 times)

Offline gillt3

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hello everyone, I have had a UTI in the past and now I have one again. This time the test came out as negative, along with the vaginal swab. There was nothing in the vaginal swab, or urine sample AT ALL. This freaked me out even more, so i started doing my research, and you know what happens when you do that. I became obsessed PCOS, cystitis, you name i've already had it. So anyways, that day the doctor told me to get an ultrasound done. I had gotten one done two years ago, and nothing had come up. I am now getting another one, but im so scared to even go because I think its something. In fact i know it has to be something, im going crazy. The thing about this issue is that if i drink water, the UTI or w/e it is will go away, and then it comes back later like a UTI.... But then i reasure myself that if there was nothing in the urine sample/vaginal... no blood, no WBC, no nothing then how would there be cysts or any growth, there would be atleast an increase in something!!! nyways, i've just accepted death now. I haven't finished my essay that is due tom, and i've lost all hope on life. I dont want to go to my ultrasound because it will be horrible. Th weirdest thing was that 2 days after i went to the doctors i came home, and i had no symptoms for 2 days, and then they came back. Also previously, she told me that the doctors prescribed me ciprofloxin without even having a UTI... they just thought i did because i was screaming at them.. and surprisingly it had went away... i didn't have a UTI for 6 months.... but they started coming back during exams im going so mentall...
Bookmark and Share

Offline BuzzBee1

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 9
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: I think I am dying, and I have an ultrasound tom....it wasn't a UTI?!
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 11:30:44 PM »
hi gillt,

Welcome to the forum.  You are now a member of our community, where you will find support and advice from other members in similar situations.   It's always nice to find someone else who understands, and to know you're not alone.

We have sections in the forum that address specific concerns, so feel free to post or start a new topic in the section that best fits your situation.  Feel free to explore the rest of the forum.  You may find the other topics helpful, and you may be able to offer advice or support to someone else.

We also have a chat room for members over the age of 18.  Once you have made three meaningful posts, you will be allowed access to the chat room.

Good luck to you, and again, welcome to AZ.

Buzzy
Bookmark and Share

Offline stephtronic

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Hot
    Hot
  • \m/
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 12:02:44 AM »
Stress and anxiety can actually cause UTI-like symptoms.

I get it all of the time. I would go to the doc and have them tell me that there wasn't anything in my urine and be so confused. I was also given an antibiotic once, and it went away... because I thought the pill was fixing it because it was in my head to begin with. Really agitating stuff.

It's possible the same could be happening to you. Especially with how you said it came back during exam times!
Bookmark and Share
My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.

Offline aec711

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2014, 12:47:58 AM »
It could totally be anxiety that is cause muscles to tighten and release. I have had the same thing in the past, but drank lots water because I decided I was dehydrated lol - it seemed to help.  The other thing - as gross as it sounds is that constipation can cause feelings like that because of the stool pressing on the bladder.  I have had that happen too :)  I am sure it is nothing and you will be just fine !
Bookmark and Share

Offline Scaredofsymptoms

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2014, 12:56:55 AM »
I have PCOS and I'm still alive  :spineyes:
Nothing you have mentioned should have you on your deathbed.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: