Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Pain under right breast  (Read 283 times)

Offline Radiant_Nebula

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Pain under right breast
« on: January 27, 2014, 04:28:14 PM »
Hi all,
For the past month or so I have been having this pain under my right breast. Its nothing too painful, its not like a stabbing or anything, it feels like my bra is too tight (when its not) or like I'm not getting enough support or something. This pain comes and goes. Me being me and thinking the worst, I've convinced myself that I have a pulmonary embolism. I've already been to the doctor for chest pain two months ago so I really don't want to go again and have them tell me its nothing. Maybe its just anxiety and me thinking about it that's creating the pain? Has anyone ever experienced this before? Any advice?
Thank you!
Bookmark and Share

Offline christina10778

• A.K.A. "Noble Queen"
  • Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
  • "If God is for us, who can be against us?"
    • Poke This Member
Re: Pain under right breast
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 05:00:50 PM »
I've been having chest pains off and on all through the last 4 years or so of my Anxiety.
I've had Health Anxiety for 9 years now....
But about a month ago I began to get this pain in the bottom of left breast area.
But mine was a stabbing and sharp pain....terrifying, I must say.
It would come suddenly......I wouldn't be able to breathe, was getting soreness and pain in my left shoulder and jaw, I got nauseated sometimes, and I would cry from the pain.

Anyways, about 4 days into it I ran to the ER.
I was terrified and kept thinking that it was a precursor to a heart attack or stoke, a pulmonary embolism or just something else crazy and fatal.

You can probably guess what the outcome was.....Anxiety.
The doctor told me that the muscles in between my ribs were having spasms and that because there are a whole lot of nerves in that area (my breasts) that I was going to feel it more.
He told me that if it were something like a heart attack, pulmonary embolism, etc. that I would NOT question it AT ALL and that my vitals would be horrible along side it all....and they weren't.
He also told me that it was yet another physical symptom associated to my Anxiety....it's normal and stress and anxiety cause this.

Of course, if you feel the need please do to the doctor, but, this is just my personal experience with breast pain.
Bookmark and Share
My Health Anxiety Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8-5ZQ6ZyRtI4ccjpE_4QwQ/videos

1 Peter 5:7 - "casting all of your anxieties on Him, because He cares for you."

Offline ColdHands

• Rec's: 6
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Warm heart, strong mind, struggling liver
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 05:02:51 PM »
The other poster is right, its probably anxiety, but i had pain there and it was my gall bladder.  Just a dull ache.  i had other symptoms though with mine.  I had loose bowels all the time after a meal and just overall felt bad.  This could be anxiety too, but mine turned out to be a non functioning gall bladder.
Bookmark and Share
"There is just one more thing that bothers me."  Columbo

Offline msgb98

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2014, 05:34:51 PM »
It could also be costochondritis.
I have fibromyalgia and a few other things and costochondritis is just like this.
Costochondiritis though sometimes hits on the left side and goes down the arm as well. The first time this happened I made sure I went to see my DR.
She said it was anxiety and costo. She stated I have to learn to relax. In the last few years I have been going through some very stressful things.
I had to go purchase a few new bras as I hated the feeling I had with the ones I had. I felt like I was not able to breath at all and the bra kept the pain going longer than I wanted.
I know weird.
I will get these sharp movements or just even twinges (I don't know when they will come) and they scare the daylights out of me.
Heating pad and some Ibuprofen.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kindra11

• Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2014, 01:25:20 AM »
I had the exact same thing!! Went to the dr a few times and nothing came of it. I went to the chiropractor finally and it turns out that anxiety and tight back and chest muscles cause a couple of ribs to pull out of place. Took a few sessions but my chest pain is finally gone. Maybe see a chiro and make sure it's nothing like that? Good luck  :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share
Broken, But Not Destroyed

Offline Radiant_Nebula

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2014, 10:34:38 AM »
Thank you guys so much for your replies! If the problem continues for a couple weeks I'll probably head to the doctor just to be safe, but for now I'm definitively reassured by what you all have said!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: